Creative seeks a Human Resources (HR) Officer for its Berlin office. This is a Full-Time position that supports HR practices and objectives in order to provide a high-performance team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of project staff. The HR Officer is responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the project’s goals which includes ensuring compliance with German labor law, as well as Creative and donor/client human resources policies, procedures, and regulations. This position is contingent on donor funding.
Reporting & Supervision:
The HR Officer will report to the Deputy Team Lead.
- Provides oversight on HR office operations ensuring compliance with German labor law, as well as Creative and client HR rules and regulations;
- Coordinates the full-cycle recruitment process including finalization of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside project senior management, checking candidate references, and collecting new hire documents;
- Oversees onboarding/orientation of new project hires;
- Manages employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees are handled;
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process;
- Provide information and support to project staff regarding HR policies and procedures;
- Responsible for coordinating staff trainings and establishing staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations;
- Receives and logs various grievances or complaints from employees; elevates HR items to project senior management for review;
- Supports the updating of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leaves;
- Provides support on employment agreement mechanisms used and provides support for visa and legal processes, when necessary, for program staff;
- Provides information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during audits; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field is required;
- At least two (2) years of progressively responsible HR experience with three (3) years of general experience;
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills;
- Familiarity with time-keeping and reporting requirements under U.S. Government contracting requirements;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office;
- Verbal and written working proficiency in English and German; and
- Work eligibility in Germany/EU required.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Familiarity with German labor law;
- Arabic language ability; and
- Experience with overseeing performance-driven HR management systems.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.