Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Provide HR policy advice and improve HR policies, practices, systems and tools.
- Conduct HR compliance review.
- Support the Senior HR Manager - Policy and Compliance with coordinating UNOPS activities regarding Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
- Reporting, strategic input and action plan development.
- HR project management and HR technical support to PCG.
You may find more information at https://jobs.unops.org/Pages/ViewVacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21082
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in HR, Business Administration, Public Administration, Law or related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in providing HR advisory services and/or managing HR processes or operations;
- Of which, 1 year of experience drafting complex HR documents such as policies, audit reports on HR matters, technical correspondence, speeches, communication briefs, etc.
- Experience working within the UN system, international organizations or similar institutions is a distinct asset.
- Familiarity with interpretation and application of UN, UNOPS, or UN Funds and Programmed HR regulations, rules and policies, is highly desirable.
- Field experience is highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to influence and inspire.
- Strong demonstrated experience conveying complex messages orally and in writing to a broad range of audiences.
- Analytical, innovative and proactive, with advanced interviewing/information elicitation skills.
- Solution and client oriented.
- Full working knowledge of English is required.
- Knowledge of French or Spanish is an asset.
About the Organization
UNOPS is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to help people build better lives and countries achieve sustainable development.
UNOPS areas of expertise cover infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial management and human resources.
Working with us
UNOPS offers short- and long-term work opportunities in diverse and challenging environments across the globe. We are looking for creative, results-focused professionals with skills in a range of disciplines.
With over 4,000 UNOPS personnel and approximately 7,000 personnel recruited on behalf of UNOPS partners spread across 80 countries, our workforce represents a wide range of nationalities and cultures. We promote a balanced, diverse workforce — a strength that helps us better understand and address our partners’ needs, and continually strive to improve our gender balance through initiatives and policies that encourage recruitment of qualified female candidates.
Work life harmonization
UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands.