Are you passionate about driving programs focused on foreign assistance? Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to expand your skills and expertise? At Dexis, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
If this sounds like you, Dexis is seeking a Human Resources Specialist (Classification) to manage position classifications associated with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA) and Asia Bureau merger. This position will be based in USAID/OAPA in Washington, DC, not to exceed a twelve-month term limit. The start date for this position is immediate.
As the Human Resources Specialist, you will provide input to the process of establishing new positions and the reclassifications of existing positions submitted to OAPA’s Administrative Management Services (AMS) Division. Other tasks include:
- Oversee accuracy, clarity, and completeness of position descriptions;
- Assist and advise staff, at all levels, on position description writing, to ensure descriptions reflect current duties and organizational relationships;
- Oversee the process of submitting positions for grade-level evaluation, including recommending grades and official titles; advise supervisors and employees on classification results, and on appeal procedures if required; oversee proper record keeping of position information;
- Review proposed Scopes of Work (SOWs), proposed Market Rates (a Civil Service-equivalent classification); provide recommended Market Rate to USAID/Washington or other Agency resources for final classification;
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
- Active secret-level security clearance required;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or other relevant field;
- 6 to 8 years of project management related work;
- 4 years of professional-level experience in the field of human resources management, business or public administration, and/or contracting;
- Proficiency in the use of Google applications.
- Excellent organizational skills, tact, good judgment and discretion;
- Ability to plan, organize, establish priorities, direct, and follow up on the work of the Unit and inspire confidence and maintain confidentiality;
- Knowledge of USG contracting regulations (AIDAR, AAPD, etc.) and procedures and ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of internal USAID human resources systems, processes, and procedures;
- Familiarity with USAID and/or Department of State.
About the Organization
Are you looking for a company that offers meaningful program assignments and opportunities to develop professional skills and expertise? At Dexis, staff are empowered to be part of the decision-making process and collaborate with colleagues and management across the company to satisfy our clients. We create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. Dexis follows a "find a way or make a way" business directive, and we’re paving the way for innovative management solutions in the global development and security assistance arenas worldwide. As a Dexis employee you will be challenged, empowered, and mentored. That’s how Dexis goes "all in.” How will you?
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.