Human Resources Specialist, USAID/South Sudan Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP), South Sudan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program office requires support to assist USAID/South Sudan to effectively monitor, evaluate, and relay information about funded interventions. The Monitoring and Evaluation Support Project (MESP) provides USAID/South Sudan with flexible and demand-driven technical, analytic, advisory, training, monitoring, evaluation, and related support services for performance measurement, planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, activity mapping, and performance information management and dissemination activities.
**This position is reserved for citizens of South Sudan and women are encouraged to apply**
MESP is seeking a Human Resources Specialist who will be responsible for managing staff contracts, assist with the recruitment of new staff, payroll and benefits calculations, and oversight and HR record keeping. In addition, she/he will provide administrative and clerical support to the MESP project as needed, including organization of project files and assistance with events organization and management. The selection of final applicant is subject to USAID approval and will be based in Juba, South Sudan. This is a full time position and will report to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Provide sound and effective advice to the Chief of Party, Director of Finance and Administration, and other MESP staff on questions related to Human Resources (HR) and all personnel related matters. Therefore, the position holder should have good knowledge and understanding of the MSI HR Manual;
- Support the Human Resource processes throughout the project by managing strategic and/ or specialized information related to Human Resources;
- Prepare and keeping records of employees’ sick days, overtime and vacation days per USAID and MSI policies;
- Liaise with the MSI’s legal firm to ensure that benefits/ allowances, health and staff relations are handled in a professional manner.
- Ensure that the provision of social and any other benefits is in accordance with South Sudan’s labor law
- Check with the Ministry of Labor, Public Service and Human Resource Development and update the management and staff in appropriate time on public holidays notices and any other notices that is relevant to MSI.
- Manage the field recruitment process for potential new hires and consultants in South Sudan
- Coordinate with the HQ PM Team as necessary on HR and recruitment activities
- Prepare the project’s CCN payroll by carrying out the calculations and payment of staff salaries, as well as the notification of taxes, duties, and all obligatory payments to be made;
- Develop, monitoring, and updating all necessary trackers, including a STTA tracking log;
- Assist with the organization and filing of information and supporting documents pertaining to the implementation of the project, as requested;
- Conduct a full review of the HR files to ensure that everything is accurate, complete and available on Egnyte
- Ensure confidentiality of staff personal information;
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in HR and administrative management in South Sudan
- High degree of maturity and ability to work collaboratively with multiple partners and vendors; strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work and anticipate next steps;
- Must demonstrate knowledge of the South Sudanese labor code and regulations; knowledge of the 2017 labor law preferred
- Bachelor Degree in HR, Business Administration, or other related fields.
- Experience with USAID-funded project preferred
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required;
- Experience in the usage of MS Office package (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.