Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs Director, Mali & Mauritania
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As, Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs Director, Mali & Mauritania you will provide strategic and operational leadership to World Vision’s Disaster Management programming in Mali & Mauritania. You are expected to ensure quality of WV humanitarian engagement including setting up appropriate strategies, structures, staffing and resources for Disaster Risk Reduction, emergency preparedness response, rehabilitation and transition work, in line with National Office (NO) priorities, WV Disaster Management Standards, Emergency Management Systems and internationally recognized humanitarian requirements.
- Advanced University degree in International Development, Disaster Management, Business management, Development sciences or other relevant field. A First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings /courses.
- A Minimum of 7 years in operational humanitarian experience with minimum of five years in a leadership role, preferably in Africa.
- Direct experience and proven success in managing Humanitarian interventions in complex settings, preferably in West Africa context.
- Strong people management skills with experience leading teams.
- Fluency in French and good proficiency in English absolutely required.
- Office-based with frequent travel to the field. Travel: 25% domestic/ International travel is required..
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 10 JUN 2019. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
About the Organization
The World Vision Partnership is a global community of people passionately committed to improving the lives and futures of the world’s most vulnerable children.
We believe that every child is a precious gift to the entire world and that their well-being concerns us all. We will not rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed. We are looking for people who share our beliefs and our passion.