Use your leadership experience and field experience in relief rehabilitation and development to be part of a leading organisation dedicated to improving the lives of children living in poverty.
World Vision (WV) is a global network of people committed to enhance the well-being of children everywhere by empowering families and communities to overcome the challenges of poverty and injustice.
The Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs (HEA) Manager will coordinate, manage and implement the most timely and appropriate response to humanitarian need in the 4 countries in collaboration with World Vision Pacific Timor Leste (WVPTL) Country Offices, governments and churches, communities and donors, by providing leadership, direction and management to all aspects of disaster management within the framework of World Vision’s Mission Statement and Core Values.
We are looking for a visionary leader who can combine strong business disciplines with inspirational spiritual leadership skills in line with our Christian values and ethos. You will have a passionate desire to help others, especially children.
- Close collaboration with the Country Program Offices, providing leadership to the staff in the areas of HEA
- Ensure that HEA projects are implemented according to WV International standards and best practice
- Develop capacity of staff to manage and implement quality HEA projects on a timely basis, and assist project managers in project design, planning, monitoring and evaluation that is “Learning through Evaluation with Accountability and Planning” (LEAP) compliant
- Lead the formulation of HEA strategy and 1-4 years program goals with clear performance indicators, partnering with 4 Country Offices in developing National Disaster Preparedness Plan and National Policies for Emergency Relief
- Develop and maintain good relations with government agencies/private sectors relevant to project funding and implementation. Actively seek partnerships with any of them to ensure community and program sustainability
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, with at least 5 years field experience in relief rehabilitation and development
- Prior experience in leading, mentoring and coaching technical support staff from various cultures
- Experience on disaster and climate change issues management
- Good understanding and extensive training or experience in the areas of health and nutrition, agriculture, water, contracts/ agreements and protocols, government-donor-UN relations, shipping and transport matters
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with high level of English competency
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
Will you use your field experience in relief rehabilitation and development to further “life in all its fullness” for children?
For specific details regarding the position, please refer to the full description and apply online by the closing date 16 Nov 2012. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Inspired by our Christian values, we are dedicated to working with the world’s most vulnerable people.
We serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender.