Global Communities seeks an experienced Humanitarian Assistance Advisor in-country to support the Country Representative and program team. The position requires travel to and within Honduras for an estimated time of one month.
We anticipate that the length of the assignment to be 1 month.
Location of Assignment: Honduras
Under the supervision and direction of GC’s Honduras Country Representative, s/he will advise the Country Representative and program staff on humanitarian minimum standards, BHA expectations, and key implementation strategies in order to effectively meet program targets and donor requirements. S/he will conduct site visits, support project implementation, build the capacity of key project staff, review or support the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs), and provide other guidance as needed. Specifically, the consultant will:
* Review (and/or help develop) implementation strategies for all key activities to ensure adherence to humanitarian standards and donor requirements. Advise on programmatic adjustments or budgetary realignments as needed.
* Support with the development of and/or review Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other programmatic documents as needed.
* Travel to priority locations, as determined by the Country Representative, to review ongoing activities to ensure that GC is effectively meeting donor requirements and deliverables.
* Deliver training, mentoring, and capacity building to staff on minimum humanitarian standards and approaches.
* Provide day to day support on specific components as requested by the Country Representative.
* Support the onboarding and training of any key staff if/once identified.
The consultant will be responsible for delivering the following:
* Emails outlining key recommendations and action plans after each site visit conducted.
* Outline of any programmatic or budgetary revisions needed for BHA approval.
* SOPs, implementation strategies, and other documents created through the consultancy.
* Training material used or developed throughout the consultancy.
* Final presentation outlining key findings and proposed courses of action.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, and high level of attention to detail.
* Excellent critical thinking skills, analytic skills, and sound judgment.
* Excellent verbal and written communications skills and high level of organization and attention to detail.
* Excellent interpersonal and management skills.
* Fluency in English and Spanish, written and oral.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
* At least seven years of experience managing humanitarian programs in emergency response settings.
* Familiarity with shelter and WASH programming, including sector-specific technical standards and best practices in emergency shelter and WASH programming.
* Prior experience implementing programs for USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), now the Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA).
* Prior experience in the Latin America and Caribbean (LAC) region preferred.
About the Organization
Global Communities, formerly CHF International, is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable. The mission of Global Communities is to create long-lasting, positive, and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe. Global Communities has operations in countries in Africa, Americas, Asia, and Europe.
In early November, Tropical Storms Eta and Iota made landfall in Honduras causing flooding across many parts of the country. Global Communities (GC) has developed an emergency response project focused on Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Shelter, and Multipurpose Cash Assistance (MPCA) to address the needs of those most affected by the tropical storms in the departments of Copan, Santa Barbara, Ocotepeque and Cortés