Global Communities is seeking a Humanitarian Assistance Business Development Operations Manager to join the Humanitarian Assistance (HA) team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
The HA BD Operations Manager facilitates and manages the operations of the business development team by supervising staff, organizing team operations, coordinating process improvements and standardization, overseeing internal knowledge management, and coordinating resources with other departments.
Support unit’s human resource management.
- Supervise up to four humanitarian business development staff at Officer and Specialist level.
- Track proposal and capture resources and help form proposal and capture teams.
- Develop and maintain contact with a roster of proposal consultants.
Train and mentor HA program and business development staff on completing supporting roles on proposal development.
- Orient new team members to the business development team’s systems and procedures.
Support the HA business development team’s internal knowledge management.
- Maintain the HA BD SharePoint site and other shared platforms and coordinates initiatives to improve platform organization and use.
- Develop and maintain commonly-used humanitarian BD tools and templates.
- Support initiatives to improve and use learning materials and proposal tools and templates.
Organize and facilitate team operations.
- Manage business development team use of Salesforce for pipeline tracking.
- Coordinate with team leads to establish and regularly review spending against new business development cost centers.
- Liaise with other units and departments regarding the HA BD proposal pipeline and required resources.
- Liaise with the HA external recruiter on upcoming and ongoing proposal-related recruitment.
Coordinate HA BD improvement initiatives
- Identify and addresses needs related to business development team tools and skills development
- Provide continuity and support for team improvement initiatives
Participate on proposal teams as assigned.
Carry out other activities and projects as assigned.
- Master’s degree and a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience with USAID proposal development required; or the equivalent of a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5-8 years’ experience with USAID proposal development required.
- International program development experience with other donors desired.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.