Humanitarian information Analyst
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations team provides the Department for International Development with Humanitarian Operations services and the UK Government’s Stabilisation Unit with Stabilisation Support.
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT) maintains a database of humanitarian experts to provide skilled consultants to DFID to work across a range of humanitarian disciplines and in collaboration with UK Government Departments, other humanitarian agencies, governments and authorities at country level
HSOT is looking for a Humanitarian Information Analysts to join their roster, providing high quality analysis, information and knowledge management to DFID during rapid onset and protracted crises. This role will entail staff management responsibilities in some contexts
- Providing analysis and reports of situations, humanitarian needs, monitoring and track emerging trends to inform response priorities.
- Creating operational data management systems to facilitate the analysis, monitoring, data
quality control protocols and standards for validation and sharing of data.
- Collaborate with external stakeholders, i.e., UN, Gov, other donors involved.
- Represent DFID to international forums, overseas governments and authorities.
- Attend and support international coordination mechanisms as required.
Required Qualifications: Essential Skills or Qualifications
- Masters level or equivalent in information management, analysis, statistics or other similar area.
- Significant experience providing humanitarian information management or data analysis in support of rapid onset disaster or complex emergencies.
- Excellent research and analytical skills including ability to use a logical and structured approach to manage both qualitative and quantitative information.
- Proven skills in visualisation of data and information.
- Knowledge of analytical software packages.
- Proficient in English and French.