The Kachin Humanitarian Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating the humanitarian and protection response across all target areas, ensuring an integrated approach in project implementation among consortium partner’s in the achievement of project objectives.
The role holder will have previous experience working on humanitarian responses in conflict affected areas, ideally in Kachin. The Program manager will work closely with the project’s Protection Technical Expert to lead this Covid-19 and protection response, while being supported by the current project coordinator.
This is an opportunity for a pro-active, strategic humanitarian worker looking to take on further management responsibilities. ActionAid Myanmar is looking for someone who can demonstrate leadership and networking skills, making new partnerships, and lead on the implementation of its new humanitarian and protection programming in Kachin. The role may be extended subject to funding availability.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Provide effective management and coordination of the programme and its partners, including compliance in line with ActionAid’s Human Rights Based Approach and organisational values, with the agreed consortium quality standards and with donor rules and regulations.
- Ensure that quality programme implementation tools and processes are developed in consultation with the Consortium members (planning, financial reporting, narrative reporting etc).
- Oversee the programme budget and liaise directly with the relevant staff of Consortium members and AAM staff.
- Ensure effective collaboration with the Consortium members
- Conduct and facilitate Consortium Programme Coordination meetings.
- Coordinate joint consortium activities (e.g. reviews, evaluations, trainings etc).
- Build a cohesive, constructive and committed team, through proper motivation, participatory decision making, and effective communication to promote staff productivity, working enthusiasm, and creativity.
- Plan performance KPIs with staff, and provides induction, training, coaching, mentoring, and advice to ensure that they understand and can carry out their responsibilities effectively.
- Conduct performance review and feedback to supervised staff periodically and work with staff to develop follow up actions if necessary. Submit hard copy of signed performance appraisals to HR
- Oversee management of grants and contracts with partners, ensuring timely release of grant funds, financial monitoring of partner projects and internal budget monitoring that are in compliance with AAM’s financial systems.
Documentation and Reporting
- Ensure effective documentation of all stages of the project through working closely with consortium partners.
- Prepare timely and good quality consolidated donor reports, and maintain good communication/relations with consortium partners and donor
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Working closely with consortium partners and AAM’s M&E officer, ensure effective project monitoring, in line with the projects detailed implementation plan, baseline and monitoring framework. Track documentation and provide communication regarding project progress and impact.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key programmatic counterparts, including the Kachin Humanitarian cluster system, local NGOs and CSOs, consortium partners, and regional (state officials).
- Ensure high quality, accessible information about the project is available for internal and external audiences.
- Represent ActionAid Myanmar in all related working groups along with the Humanitarian Policy advisor.
- Ensure effective communication with all project / consortium townships and ensure consistency in project implementation.
- Adhere to/ comply with approved organisational policies and procedures
- Understand and practice AAM’s mission, vision, beliefs & values and its operating policies and procedures.
- Any other tasks requested by the Line Manager or Advisor
Education & Certifications
- University Degree in any relevant field, including, business, development, social sciences, medical studies, engineering.
- Can demonstrate a minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience in the humanitarian sector in conflict affected areas, ideally in Kachin, with sectorial skills in areas such as Protection, WASH, shelters and NFI, health in emergencies etc.
- Can demonstrate experience working collaboratively with local partners of all sizes; from large scale local NGOs to frontline CBOs.
- Have proven experience of large scale programme and financial management and coordination of complex multi-partner and multi-annual programmes.
- Have human resources experience and experience with leading and inspiring a team.
- Experience with HARP Facility systems and procedures is an asset.
- Have at least 3 years of working within a Consortia structure would be a significant advantage.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to working in collaboration and partnership.
- Have the ability to build constructive relationships and partnerships based on mutual values and respect.
- Have demonstrated the ability to distance manage a team and share management responsibilities.
- Have experience of analysing and managing risks in a complex political context and creatively minimising their potential impact
- Have good communication skills and fluent command of English, both in writing and speaking.
- Able to generate clear and concise briefings and reports for the organisation and donors.
- Fluent in Burmese in writing and speaking.
- Fluency in Jinghpaw, Lisu, or any other Kachin ethnic language will be considered an asset.
- Technical Knowledge, Communication, Leadership, Coordination, Innovation
Have excellent analytical and communication skills and demonstrable ability to think strategically, innovatively and practically to improve programme quality.
Interested person should send an application letter with updated CV with recent passport photo and 3 reference check not later than 5:00 pm, 3 rd February 2021 to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. No requirement of photocopy of certificates. Please mention the position title you applied for in the email subject.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview and ActionAid reserves the right to fill the post prior to the closing date if a suitable applicant is found beforehand. Internal applicants should inform their Line Managers of their application. Please note that applications to be assessed on a rolling basis.
Application deadline : 3rd February 2021