Democracy and Governance – ICT Hardware, Systems Software, and Network Expert – Economic Courts Activity, Egypt
Tetra Tech International Development Services is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an ICT Hardware, Systems Software, and Network Expert position on the USAID-funded Economic Courts Activity in the Arabic Republic of Egypt.
The purpose of this project is to support the Economic Courts of Egypt improve its ability to resolve cases quickly and transparently, consistent with international standards. This is a five- year term position and the program will be based in Cairo.
* Under the direct supervision of the ICT Coordinator, the ICT Hardware, Systems Software, and Network Expert will ensure effective and efficient implementation of hardware and software in the Economic courts, monitoring and reviewing work of the Systems Integrator and hardware provider, in order to promote the smooth and efficient rollout of hardware and systems software to support court automation.
* This individual will:
· Assist the ICT Coordinator to successfully accomplish the IT goals related to the work plan, as well as manage and supervise the IT support staff working in the courts.
· Review all hardware, systems software, and all other technical components on Bill of Materials lists proposed by the CMS systems integrator prior to procurement and approve all components for use in the court’s environment.
· Review all proposed Wide Area Network (WAN), Local Area Network (LAN), and Virtual Private Network (VPN) designs prior to procurement and approve suitability of the design and components.
· Review all vendor provided systems and connectivity design documentation for correctness and compatibility with MOJ approved documentation standards.
· Provide comment on vendor supplied technical manuals as requested by the ICT Automation Coordinator.
· Assist in the vendor led technical training programs for MOJ and court staff.
· Submission of weekly, monthly, and quarterly report to the ICT Automation Coordinator.
· Assist in tracking and record keeping of the IT inventory list for all courts as well as the project office.
· Working with the Tetra Tech home office, identify the needed IT components, including any custom software needed, sizing all hardware and infrastructure components.
· Identify local sources for IT components, work with the Director of Operations to procure such components, oversee the local IT subcontractor to implement local systems, and provide secondary support if the local IT subcontractor is unavailable to support local systems.
· Provide needed support and assistance to the local consultant hired to implement the office systems, including LAN, server, workstations, connection to internet, locally implemented software products as required by the Tetra Tech home office, as well as office peripheral devices.
· Review and approve all testing plans provided by the independent IT security auditing firm hired by the project to perform Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Tests (VAPT) on the Economic court infrastructure and systems.
· On a regular basis independently review security of the office computing environment.
· Any other work related to the project as assigned by the Chief of Party and the ICT Automation Coordinator.
* Minimum 10 years of relevant experience providing computer hardware, systems software and network implementation in complex environments.
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or a related field
* Experience in server management, managing LANs and WANs including router configurations, client-server management and set up, design/manage Active Directory desired.
* Experience conducting trainings and developing operational manuals on IT-related matters
* MCSE, MCP, or related certification desired
* Demonstrated reporting, writing, and communication skills
* Native Arabic speaker.
* Fluent Written and Spoken English skills required.
* Strong organizational skills, teamwork, and utmost professionalism
* Egyptian nationals only.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.