Reporting to the Director of Planning and Programming of the Mistry of Agriculture and Livestock and the Vice President for Country Support and Delivery at AGRA or a designee, the ICT Officer will be responsible for supporting the Ministry in planning and executing an M&E framework conducting monitoring and evaluation of for the main flagship programs of the Ministry, including but not limited to the GTPII. The position will be based at the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Head of Administrative and Finance Unit, the ICT Officer manages ICT services, develops and implements ICT management systems, provides information management tools and technology infrastructure to the Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock. The ICT Officer is responsible for review of and advice on the use of new technologies that will enhance the Ministry’s productivity. The ICT Officer promotes a client-oriented approach.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate ensures implementation of ICT strategies and new technologies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Compliance with the Ministry’s information management and technology standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Provision of inputs to development of internal policies and procedures on the use of ICT.
- Participation in the office business process re-engineering activities and ensures that business needs drive IT solutions related to organizational resource management.
- Development and update of the ICT annual work plan and reporting.
- Provision of advice on and assistance in procurement of new ICT equipment for the office, provision of technical specifications and information on best options in both local and international markets.
- Work closely with M&E Officer in implementing online reporting and tracking of GTP and other transformation agenda deliverables
- Provide Applications support, Hardware/Software Installations and require monitoring of the organization Web Site by analyzing web site usage data from server logs or other sources.
- Receive and log requests for support from ICT users and respond to the requests in a logical and prioritized manner.
- Within a broad area of competence, investigates problems and other requests for support and in consultation with the supervisor, determine appropriate actions to take. Helps to resolve problems (e.g. poor performance) and faults (e.g. system failure) occurring in the operation of hardware and software
- Within own area of competence, provides correct response to requests for support by means of for example: making system modifications, developing work-arounds or site-specific enhancements, manipulating data, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, training users or operations staff and producing additional documentation.
- Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures. Liaising with Finance, Admin and Program departments to ensure integrated internal controls and full, auditable support documentation.
- Provide guidance and advice to staff on policy issues related to ICT equipment safety and maintain confidentiality and observe data protection guidelines of the organization.
- Monitor progress of requests for support and ensure users and other interested parties are kept informed. Take corrective action to avoid or minimize delays.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function commensurate with the level of responsibilities of the position.
- A minimum of a BSc degree in Information Technology, electrical engineering with practical skills in Information Management and ICTs.
- Proficiency in the use of ICT particularly in development of web‐based solutions, maintenance of websites and working with databases.
- At least five years of experience in communication and ICTs.
- Excellent use of MS Office packages and office automation solutions
- Good organization, interpersonal, negotiation and high level of computer skills, including excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems
- Knowledge of Amharic language highly desirable
About the OrganizationAGRA works to achieve a food secure and prosperous Africa through the promotion of rapid, sustainable agricultural growth based on smallholder farmers. Smallholders--the majority women--produce most of Africa's food, and do so with minimal resources and little government support. AGRA aims to ensure that smallholders have what they need to succeed: good seeds and healthy soils; access to markets, information, financing, storage and transport; and policies that provide them with comprehensive support. Through developing Africa's high-potential breadbasket areas, while also boosting farm productivity across more challenging environments, AGRA works to transform smallholder agriculture into a highly productive, efficient, sustainable and competitive system, and do so while protecting the environment.