Grade IS – 4
Duty station Songdo, Incheon – Korea
Contract type 3 years
Number of posts 1
Unit Division of Support Services
Reporting to Manager, Enterprise ICT Programme Management Office
Vacancy code GCF/Recruit/293
The Fund relies on a seamless and trustworthy handling of its own and partner information, as the basis for highly efficient processes and rapidly growing capabilities and networks for knowledge exchange with a large audience of stakeholders. To achieve that goal, an intelligently composed, connected and frequently upgraded Cloud portfolio of systems and tools needs planning and implementation. The Fund’s Enterprise ICT Programme Project Management Office (PMO) plays a key role in making this happen.
ICT Project Manager
The ICT Project Manager will be directly responsible for ensuring that the Fund’s most strategic ICT projects are planned, managed, and delivered effectively. The position reports to the Manager, Enterprise ICT Programme Management Office, which is within the ICT Department of CFO & Division of Support Services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Oversee and manage all aspects of ICT project phases including proactive management of project risks andissues;
- Work diligently to ensure that project deliverables match agreed-upon schedule, scope and cost dimensions;
- Draft and revise business cases, project plans, statements of works and vendor provided artefacts, highlighting potential issues and dependencies and recommend ways for ensuring success;
- Prepare presentation and briefing material, status reports for the Fund’s internal customer divisions, the Senior Management Team and other stakeholder groups;
- Ensure that systems requirements analysis provides sufficient formality and records for effectively communicating, coordinating, executing and quality assuring tasks between many onsite and offsite contributors;
- Keep abreast of developments in the ICT field especially in relation to emerging technologies (e.g., artificialintelligence, machine learning and blockchain) and their impact on the GCF ICT portfolio; and
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Manager, Enterprise ICT Management Office.
Expected experience and qualifications*
- Master’s degree, ideally in project management, business administration, information technology or a related subject;
- A minimum of nine (9) years of relevant work experience in ICT project management/project delivery or ICT portfolio planning and prioritization;
- Strong technical knowledge of project, programme and portfolio management techniques and methodologies (e.g. PMBOK, PRINCE2, Agile), preferably evidenced by a certification in good standing, and of applying them for delivering successful organizational change;
- Organized, fast paced, process oriented and flexible – willingness to assume multiple roles and tasks to meet changing business needs;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships and communicate with colleagues at all levels across the organization;
- Highly developed cultural sensitivity in communicating with all levels of staff and external clients, bothorally and in writing;
- Good problem-solving aptitude and creativity;
- Familiarity with ISACA COBIT desirable; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge ofanother UN language an advantage.
*The person assessed by the Selection Panel as most suitable for the position will be proposed for appointment. The above criteria should be seen as indicators of the qualifications, experience and skills that would qualify candidates for consideration. Other combinations of academic qualifications and years of experience may be considered. Selection among short-listed candidates will also take into account performance at interview, appropriate testing and references.
Eligibility for certain benefits shall depend on the place of recruitment and residence, as determined by the Fund in accordance with its rules.
- Planning and Organizing
- Client orientation
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file to: email@example.com
File name: “[last name], [first name]” (e.g. Peterson, Anna)
Subject line: “ICT Project Manager”
Upon submission of your application, you will receive an automatic e-mail acknowledging receipt of your application. Should you not receive a response, however, please check your spam/clutter mail before resubmitting your application. Please also ensure to use the correct spelling for the subject line of your e-mail. Thank you.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
About the Organization
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to climate change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions which reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has mobilized 10.3 billion USD, accredited 54 entities to channel its resources and approved 43 funding proposals. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries identify their needs, in particular those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff make unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
We are looking to expand our team with more highly skilled and adaptable people who are driven by our mandate, people who appreciate challenges and know how to deliver and thrive in a fast moving, dynamic environment.