Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
You will provide strategic guidance and technical support to the ICTSU management team to implement the SIG ICTSU five-year Strategic Plan.
Cardno has been engaged to provide a facility management team to manage the Solomon Islands Resource Facility (SIRF) operations to ensure effective service delivery, including:
- Conducting procurement and contract management of technical assistance and supporting performance management.
- Providing support services for Australian Government’s deployees and technical advisers; and
- Undertaking financial management and reporting including monitoring and evaluation of the Facility.
The Facility is a critical source of operational support to DFAT, deployees and Technical Advisers (TA) as they attempt to navigate a shifting operating context, consolidate previous achievements while also prioritising new ways of working to ensure Australia’s assistance better achieves service delivery impact.
The Solomon Islands Justice Program is supported by SIRF and the successful candidate will be recruited through SIRF.
In this role you will (including but not limited to):
- Provide support to ICTSU management team to coordinate and oversee implementation of ICTSU five-year Strategic Plan.
- Coach, mentor and guide the ICTSU management team to manage/coordinate multiple large and complex ICT related projects
- Support the ICTSU management team to establish robust governance frameworks for the administration/expenditure of direct funding agreements from development partners.
- In collaboration with ICT Technical Adviser, provide advice and guidance on range of ICTSU issues.
- Support ICTSU management team to develop business cases seeking technical or funding support from SIG and/or development partners.
The Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria can be found here.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience leading and managing large, complex ICT projects and systems; experience within a developing country context where technical, vendor and infrastructure support is limited will be highly regarded.
- Proven technical skills and knowledge across a broad range of ICT related areas.
- Demonstrated understand of cyber risks and ability to develop risk management plans, strategies and policies to address ICT systems risks including potential breaches of system and data security and protection of government networks, hardware and software.
- Demonstrated practical skills in ICT business analysis, systems analysis and programming.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to build effective relationships and manage the expectations of multiple stakeholder groups.
- A demonstrated understanding of cross-cultural capacity building methods and approaches.
- A demonstrated understanding of, or direct experience in applying gender equality and anti-corruption strategies.
Duration: 11 months, with possible extension.
This position will be remunerated in line with the Australian Government’s Adviser Remuneration Framework, and will be offered at a level commensurate of the successful candidates experience relevant to the role, within the following classification Discipline Group B, Job Level 4.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the “apply” button below. Your application must include the following:
For any enquiries about this position, please contact recruitment[@]sirf.com.sb quoting “SIRF - ICT Strategy And Systems Adviser” in your email subject line.
23.59pm, Sunday 5 August 2018 (local time).
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.