IDIQ Manager/Chief of Party, Governance Integration for Stabilization
and Resilience (GISR) in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), Arlington, VA
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
GISR will provide USAID MENA based Missions and the Middle East Bureau the means to respond to shocks and stressors through integrated pilot and scalable activities by (1) positioning USAID operating units to provide rapid responses to unexpected shocks in governance, stabilization, and resilience programming in MENA; (2) applying learning and adaptive management expertise to governance, stabilization, and resilience programs that are experiencing unexpected shocks; and (3) testing pilot programming through integrated and scalable activities that support Mission development objectives. This is a five-year program anticipated to begin in September 2018.
**Please note: Only U.S. citizens are eligible for this position**
The IDIQ Manager/COP will have primary responsibility for technical aspects of task order implantation, management and performance, as well as procurement personnel, reporting, and other management related requirements. S/he will focus his/her efforts on the core services and management of the IDIQ, but may spend 25% or more of his/her time on the implementation of task orders. S/he will be based in in Arlington, VA with substantial travel throughout the MENA Region.
- Serve as the main point of contact between USAID and MSI for the MENA GISR project;
- Provide the vision and overall leadership to the project team, ensuring effective and efficient performance for all aspects of the contract, and overseeing all quality control and reporting;
- Bear primary responsibility for technical aspects of Contract performance, including responding to Requests for Task Order Proposals (RFTOPs), outreach to regional and international experts, organizations, and potential partners; the identification of short-term consultants, procurement; personnel management; reporting and other management related functions;
- Coordinate assignments with key counterparts as well as with the TOCOR to ensure participation of USAID staff and stakeholders;
- Provide direct technical assistance and support to USAID staff and other stakeholders.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience international development, including technical knowledge in designing, implementing, and managing complex USAID contracts.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in international development, political science, conflict resolution or relevant field of study.
- Strong current knowledge and understanding of the socio-political environments in the MENA Region required.
- Experience in IDIQ and Task Order management required.
- Demonstrated professional interaction with senior U.S. and foreign government officials.
- Fluency in English required; fluency in Arabic highly preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com