Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. (Cardno) seeks an IDIQ Manager for the upcoming USAID/Uganda Accountability and Risk Management Support Services Activity. The purpose of this activity is to support USAID/Uganda efforts to strengthen the accountability and risk management of its development assistance activities in Uganda. Support will be provided in three areas: third party monitoring, risk management, and capacity building.
The IDIQ Manager’s primary responsibilities are to provide overall leadership management and general technical direction of the entire activity, ensuring an integrated vision among different components and actors, and a focus on achieving the results defined in the contract/cooperative agreement. This individual will be expected to identify issues and risks related to implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate adjustments. This person shall act as the key liaison between stakeholders in USAID/Uganda and in the public and private sectors. The IDIQ Manager will be required to:
- Ensure all services are aligned and delivered according to the guidelines established by USAID and Cardno
- Serve as a primary point of contact and liaise with USAID, government stakeholders, private sector and other local partners, as required by the project, to coordinate activities and facilitate monitoring and reporting of project objectives and achievements
- Lead in conducting internal control, financial management and risk assessments to identify and develop plans for addressing the risks associated with channeling USAID resources through Ugandan counterpart systems.
- Strengthen financial management competencies of local organizations, host country government, and internal USAID/Uganda staff to identify and address risks.
- Review deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and continuous quality improvement
- Participate in the development of the project strategic and operational plans, and oversee the development and successful implementation of annual work plans
- Participate in and play a leading role in project reporting and analysis and use of strategic information
- Monitor project implementation, including internal and external client satisfaction, using best practices
- Ensure that the project consistently delivers timely results
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, and suggest appropriate project adjustments
- A minimum of 10 years of experience managing programs of a similar nature in a leadership and management role
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in public financial management, accounting, auditing, or related fields
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management of both NGOs and the public sector, including budgeting, expenditure management, procurement, accounting, and internal control process, as demonstrated through previous program design and implementation
- Previous experience in managing partnerships with the private sector, large subcontracts, or grants under contract
- Experience in project design and implementation, including financial management experience, such as budgeting; tracking, reporting and accounting; and procurement;
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and develop successful working relationships with key stakeholders, including USAID, and public, private, and civil society partners
- Excellent written and oral communications skills required
- Fluency in English
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.