Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Impact Analyst will be responsible for estimating, projecting, and assessing impacts of projects in international development fund by major institutional donors, foundations, and corporates. This position will work in collaboration with proposal development teams and the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) team and will estimate project economic impacts during the design phase. This position will support proposal development teams in using analytical tools to select interventions that maximize impact on target groups. The Impact Analyst will use economic analysis and other methods and tools to estimate project targets that are within scope, schedule, and budget. This position will work with project teams to establish the process to assess project impacts during implementation until closeout. This position will work closely with the MEL team to ensure that data needed, and analytics activities are incorporated in the MEL plan.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Strong orientation to detail, analytic and creative thinking, work and perform under pressure with hard timelines, ability to perform as a team member and deliver on time methods, tools and reports to project, assess and report on project impacts.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Responsible for providing analysis to maximize project impacts for proposals submitted to major donors and funders. (60%)
· Estimate projects impacts during the design phase
· Provide intelligence and projections to set project targets
· Provide recommendations on the selection of alternatives or interventions to maximize impacts on target groups
· Guide proposal teams during project design on the impacts analysis components, including methods, tools and templates required by Heifer and donors.
· Deliver impacts analysis components of proposals as required by Heifer and donors. Work with proposal development and MEL teams including consultants and partners to prepare impact analysis sections of the proposal.
· Provide impacts analysis components to project start-up teams and ensure the transition to project team is successful
B. Contribute to impact analysis of project design and proposals prepared by country teams. (20%)
· Participate in proposal design workshops to prepare or guide the impact analysis of proposed projects.
· Review and advise on impact analysis of proposals prepared by country teams
C. Responsible for standard analytics tools and templates to be used during project design and implementation. (15%)
· Organize, update and document tools and templates that are used for the analysis of impacts during project design and implementation.
· Train Heifer teams on the applicability of these tools and templates.
· Use standard analytics tools and templates during project design and implementation
· Ensure data needed and analytics activities are included in MEL plans for the project implementation
D. Other job-related duties as assigned. (5%)
Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Social Science, Agroeconomics, Data Science or a related field with five (5) years’ job-related experience in impact analysis in agricultural programming for major donors and funders in international development.
Master’s Degree in a related field.
Spanish language proficiency to work directly with field teams on proposals.
Most Critical Proficiencies
a) Strong international development, economic and social impact, MEL, project impacts, design, and implementation knowledge.
b) Evidence of strong analytical and data skills and proven collaborative skills in project impacts, design, and implementation.
c) Confident in and experience with the use of analytical tools and technology in development.
d) Proven ability to work with the MEL, proposal development and other teams to prepare impacts projects and reports for major donors and foundations.
e) Experience using database platforms for data collection, cleaning, aggregating and report generation.
f) Knowledge and experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, or other)
g) Excellent written, presentation and communication skills; ability to present arguments and analysis in a structured and succinct manner.
h) Proven ability to deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multiple developments and working with many teams.
i) Fluency in English required and the ability to travel to field sites.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
a) Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
b) May require constant sitting and moving, working at a computer for extended periods.
c) Ability to assign and review the work of teammates, as well as motivate and engage team members.
d) Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours as team members are in Africa, Asia, and Americas.
e) Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
f) Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
g) Ability to work in a culturally diverse and global setting