The Tunisia Business Reform and Competitiveness Project II (BRCP II) under the Monitoring and Evaluation in Tunisia and Libya (USAID METAL) is a five year, $59.6 million activity which is currently in the start-up phase. The purpose of BRCP II is to create jobs in Tunisia by providing targeted technical assistance in the form of business development services to individual firms to increase that firm’s competitiveness, enabling it to expand and hire additional workers. At the same time, in support of the goal of job creation, BRCP II will assist Tunisia with workforce development and job placement as well as identify and advocate for improvements in Tunisia’s business enabling environment that support enterprise development and job creation.
We seek an impact evaluation specialist consultant to conduct a scoping study on the feasibility of doing an impact evaluation for a workforce development project in Tunisia. If the consultant determines an impact evaluation feasible, this position will also be responsible for designing that evaluation. This is a short-term consultancy that will require some travel to Tunisia and possibly Germany.
Scope of Work:
- Conduct a desk review of relevant project materials and background on Tunisia;
- Travel to Tunisia to meet with the implementing partner, the client and any other relevant stakeholders;
- Based on research and impact evaluation expertise, provide a recommendation on the feasibility and utility of performing an impact evaluation;
- Develop an impact evaluation design and methodology, if recommended
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge and experience designing and, or implementing impact evaluations;
- Background in economic growth and workforce development programming, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa;
- Knowledge of USAID policies and regulations on evaluations.
- At least five years of experience designing and managing evaluations, including impact evaluations;
- Knowledge of/experience with workforce development and business competitiveness programming;
- Excellent communication skills
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Advanced degree preferred.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
Travel: Travel to Tunisia is required.
No phone calls, please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
About the Organization
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.