In-Country Coordinator, Benin II Off-Grid Electricity Access Evaluation, Benin
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives. We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies. We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis. SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
SI is planning to bid on an evaluation of the MCC Benin II Off-Grid Electricity Access Evaluation. The Off-Grid Electricity Access Project (OGEAP) ($46 million), with the objective of increasing access to electricity and thereby (A) increasing the hours of operation for businesses and public and social services, (B) reducing reliance on costlier sources of energy, (C) reducing losses of products and perishable goods, and (D) improving productivity for users of electricity. It is comprised of the Enabling Environment for Off-Grid Electricity and Off-Grid Clean Energy Facility (OCEF) activities.The period of performance for this evaluation is 8 months, plus 46 option months.
SI is seeking an In-Country Coordinator for the Benin II Off-Grid Electricity Access Evaluation. The In-Country Coordinator will focus on supporting qualitative data collection activities, and advise the design and analysis of the evaluation, but it is expected that he or she will help coordinate logistics and travel mobilization within. The consultant will liaise with implementing partners and MCC to help the SI team complete scheduled activities in a timely and efficient manner to move the evaluation forward. This position will be based in Benin.
** Please note: This is a local position. Only residents of Benin will be considered. **
- Make, coordinate and confirm appointments for meetings, interviews, etc… and serve as a liaison with relevant stakeholders, including MCC, MCA-Benin, SBEE, ARE, and other stakeholders.
- Assist in making arrangements for hotel accommodations, ground transport, any required translation services, and be responsible for other logistical issues to support the project team.
- Provide input to the design of survey instruments and other data collection tools, and assist in tailoring them to the local context.
- Assist in obtaining secondary data, sampling frames, and other information required by the evaluation.
- Help oversee quantitative and qualitative data collection, provide quality assurance, and conduct random back checks of data collected. Provide oversight of the local data collection subcontractor (e.g., training of enumerators and supervisors).
- Participate in qualitative data collection activities.
- As needed, provide interpreting services during meetings for expatriate members of the team.
- As needed, prepare minutes of meetings, as well as background documents, for the team in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
- Experience in coordinating with developing country government, ministries and/or local NGOs for the design and implementation of evaluations, including problem solving as needed.
- Experience handling logistics of data collection (setting up interviews, tracking completions, locating participants, identifying and setting up locations for interviews and focus groups, etc.).
- Experience with qualitative data collection desirable.
- Familiarity with international donor regulations, specifically USG funded programs highly preferred.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, within the context of a larger team.
- Fluency in English and French highly preferred.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.