In-Country Coordinator, Economic Analysis and Performance Evaluation of MCC Senegal Roads Rehabilitation Activity, Senegal
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is pursuing an anticipated evaluation for MCC to provide Economic Analysis and Performance Evaluation for Roads Rehabilitation Activities in Senegal. The objective of this evaluation is to conduct an economic analysis (HDM-4/RED) and performance evaluation (maintenance/transport sector work) of the MCC Senegal Roads Rehabilitation Activity. Given the importance of road maintenance for ensuring that roads reach their expected lifespan, MCC has requested that a full political economy analysis of the factors contributing to and/or hindering the proper implementation of road maintenance be conducted as a part of the evaluation.
Social Impact is seeking an in-country Senegalese coordinator to support in the implementation and logistics of this analysis and evaluation. This will be a short-term opportunity over the period of performance, which is approximately 18 months from contract award.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Senegalese citizenship will be considered.**
- Engage in relationship management with client and consultants on consulting contract, logistical, and coordination-related issues
- Plan for and coordinate qualitative research events to include individual and small group interviews such as with transportation officials, implementers, or private sector representatives.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in-country.
- Assist any foreign-based evaluation team members in communication and completion of tasks, such as data collection.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in research and evaluation.
- Experience working with or discussing technical issues with government officials or international donors.
- Experience working in the transportation sector is preferred.
- Experience with MCC is a plus.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.