In-Country Coordinator – Evaluation of Digital Farming Solutions in India
Abt Associates, a global leader in research and program implementation, seeks a qualified In-Country Coordinator for an upcoming external evaluation of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation’s investment in a digital platform for the agriculture sector. The digital platform provides agribusinesses and farmers with data for decision-making to improve productivity and income by tracking harvests, input use, and other farm activities. The In-Country Coordinator will support the implementation and management of all field-based data collection and evaluation operations. The In-Country Coordinator will report to the Evaluation Program Manager.
Indicative Roles and Responsibilities
· Coordinates and supports the management of day-to-day activities of the evaluation in the field, including organizing primary data collection (e.g. key informant interviews, focus group discussions, or surveys), and gathers secondary data from key sources;
· Travels to project sites to support data collection and performs performance spot checks when needed;
· Identifies and helps schedule meetings with key stakeholders;
· Helps coordinate enumerator training workshops;
· Provides technical inputs to contextualize the evaluation and ground-truth proposed evaluation approaches;
· Participates in the development and delivery of client products where necessary.
· Bachelor’s degree in in a relevant subject area, Master’s degree is preferred;
· A minimum of 5 years of experience in international development program monitoring and evaluation;
· Technical expertise and experience in agriculture, farming, and/or digital farmer technologies strongly preferred;
· Experience with qualitative and/or quantitative data collection (e.g. interviews, focus groups, surveys), and/or data analysis;
· Candidate is based India, preferably in one of the following states: Jharkhand, Punjab, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Uttaranchal, Rajasthan, Kerala, Orissa, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, or Mizoram.
· Fluency in English required, and proficiency in Hindi or other local languages required.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must meet the required qualifications. Qualified applicants must submit the following to IERG@abtassoc.com:
· Required: Updated résumé;
· Please include the job title in the email subject line.