Land O’Lakes seeks an Inclusion Manager for an anticipated USAID Feed the Future Agricultural Growth Activity in Bangladesh. The purpose of the Activity is to increase the ability of the country’s agricultural private sector to more effectively manage their businesses while also increasing these businesses engagements at the farmer level, thereby enhancing farmers’ productivity and Bangladesh’s food security. The Activity builds upon past USAID investment in agricultural economic growth and agricultural value chains through the Agricultural Value Chains activity. The Activity will be closely linked with other FTF activities currently underway: Rice and Diversified Crops, Livestock Production for Improved Nutrition, Bangladesh Nutrition Activity, ACI-IRRI-PPP, CSISA Mechanization and Irrigation project, Meeting the Under-nutrition Challenge (MUCH), FAO Food Safety activity, Policy Research and Strategy Program, Biotechnology Partnership (Potato), and South Asia Eggplant Improvement Partnership.
The Inclusion Manager will be responsible for the development and oversight of all tasks to ensure inclusion of vulnerable populations, including geographically marginalized smallholder farmers, women and youth, in the Bangladesh Agriculture Growth Activity. This role will develop and implement a robust inclusion strategy that meets the requirements and USAID and Land O’Lakes’ policies, including developing women empowerment strategy, youth inclusion strategy and contributing to a strong learning agenda. The Inclusion Manager will also take an active role in adaptive management through active participation in stakeholder, learning and work planning meetings. The position will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh and will report to the Chief of Party.
- Lead the development of the inclusion activity plan and update as necessary throughout the life of the project;
- Implement appropriate mechanisms for inclusion activities and results;
- Identify training and STTA needs, ensure that these needs are met and provide training in inclusion strategies;
- Lead gender and social inclusion analysis for the project;
- Regularly contribute to data collection processes for inclusion indicators, perform data quality assessments, and adjust as needed;
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of the strategy and to identify where adaptations and improvements might be needed;
- Provide regular updates on project progress against key metrics to the Chief of Party for inclusion in donor reports, work planning and learning events
- Lead the regular sharing and learning with program staff and partners.
- Assist project staff to use project data to report and disseminate evidence of project work to the wider community, USAID, Land O’Lakes, and other external stakeholders.
- Demonstrate the highest degree of integrity throughout all activities, and raise any concerns with implementation quality immediately with the Chief of Party;
- Other duties as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field, including economics, statistics, business, etc.
- At least 5 years of increasingly senior roles designing and implementing women and youth integration and empowerment systems, specific to the roles above. Experience with agriculture projects preferred.
- Experience with gender and/or youth inclusion relating to private sector development using market systems approach, women’s economic empowerment, gender equality and/or social norms strongly preferred.
- Experience managing gender and/or youth strategies for US government-funded projects, experience with USAID Feed the Future projects is preferred.
- Computer literacy and competency in use of Microsoft Office software, competency in quantitative data analysis software (i.e. SPSS or Stata) preferred.
- Prior experience in Bangladesh is required.
- Fluency in English and Bengali is required.
- Excellent communications skills.
The position described above is contingent upon Activity award.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Land O’Lakes never requests money or payment from candidates for any position type. Please report any such requests to Land O’Lakes.
About the Organization
Since 1981, Land O’Lakes International Development has applied an integrated approach to international economic development that capitalizes on Land O'Lakes, Inc.'s nearly 100 years as a leading farm-to-market agribusiness. We use our practical experience and in-depth knowledge to facilitate market-driven business solutions that generate economic growth, improve health and nutrition, and alleviate poverty. We believe in the value of people and ensuring our work is rooted in honesty, integrity and respect.
As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, our vision is to be a global leader in transforming lives by engaging in agriculture and enterprise partnerships that replace poverty with prosperity, and dependency with self-reliance. Since our inception, we have implemented nearly 300 programs and training initiatives in over 80 countries, which have enabled farmers and agribusinesses to become more profitable and to leverage economies of scale through well-functioning cooperatives and producer groups.