The International Republican Institute (IRI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, organization dedicated to advancing freedom and democracy worldwide. Since 1983, IRI has worked to develop democratic institutions and ideals, carrying out a variety of international programs to promote freedom, self-government and the rule of law worldwide. IRI provides technical assistance in the areas of political party strengthening, developing civic institutions and open elections, promoting democratic governance and advancing the rule of law.
For over a decade, the National Endowment for Democracy’s investment in WDN has built a platform to connect aspiring and experienced women leaders around the world, coalescing diverse, multi-sector groups of women and empowering them to meaningfully participate and take on leadership roles within the political process. WDN’s reach now extends to more than 5,000 members in more than 80 countries and over 22 longstanding partner organizations, including 15 Country Chapters. To-date, WDN has directly reached over 17,000 women through trainings, conferences, and workshops.
WDN will develop a tool that provides a concrete and interactive approach to better position women leaders to engage male allies and further build support for gender equality in political institutions and public life.
Period of Performance
July 15, 2020 – September 30, 2020.
Statement of Work
IRI is seeking for bidders to develop comprehensive training materials on engaging male allies that will support WDN and its partners in programming to advance women’s participation and leadership in political institutions and public life.
1. The consultant is expected to deliver an approach and training curriculum on the subject of male allies.
2. The materials will address, but not be limited to, the following issues within the democracy, rights, and governance (DRG) sphere:
- How different stakeholders can identify possible male allies
- How different stakeholders can engage and sustain male allies
- How different stakeholders can build a coalition of male allies
- How male allies can promote gender equality and women’s empowerment within different DRG spaces and processes (e.g. elections, political parties, civil society and governance)
- Exercises on issues related to gender bias, masculinities, and gender sensitivity
- Case studies and best practices for identifying, engaging, and leveraging male allies .
3. Training guideline and training syllabus that include practical examples and exercises that can be used by a variety of stakeholders
4. Practical demonstration of the training
- Training materials (including any worksheets and questionnaires).
All proposals submitted to IRI must include:
1. Information addressing Bidder’s experience in providing each of the services identified in the above Statement of Work and Bidder’s proposed specific approach for providing those services to IRI under this contract, including sufficient information to determine a clear definition of services as it relates to other providers that may be involved.
2. The name, address, and telephone and facsimile numbers of the Bidder (and electronic address if available). If the Bidder is a firm, name(s) should be provided for individuals authorized to conduct business on behalf of the firm.
3. Bidders may provide a list of up to three references for work performed of a similar nature during the last three years, along with contact details. IRI may contact the references to evaluate past performance.
4. If the Bidder is a U.S. organization/resident, or a foreign organization/resident which has income effectively connected with the conduct of activities in the U.S. or has an office or a place of business or a fiscal paying agent in the U.S., the information submitted must contain Bidder’s Taxpayer Identification Number.
5. Proposals will not exceed 15 pages (not including cover page).
6. Proposals submitted by individuals must contain the attached Expert Service Rate Form and a CV/resume.
Bids must be submitted via email to Ashley Bruggemann, at email@example.com with the subject line “WDN2019GLOBAL17” on July 10, 2020.