REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS
Project name: Promoting Early Childhood Development Project
Grant No.: TF0B0057
Assignment Title: The development, preparation and implementation of a Curriculum Framework and Related Resources for COVID-19 Response to be executed as part of the COVID-19 Response Plan of the MPSE
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): ECD-IC/1/6
The Republic of Uzbekistan has received a credit from International Development Association (IDA) and a grant from Global Partnership for Education (GPE) Multiplier Fund toward the cost of the Promoting Early Childhood Development Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include the support the development, preparation and implementation of a Curriculum Framework and Related Resources for COVID-19 Response to be executed as part of the COVID-19 Response Plan of the MPSE».
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be found at the following link:
The Ministry of Preschool Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan now invites Individual Consultants (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The shortlisting criteria are:
- Master’s degree (PhD degree will be an advantage) in social science (pedagogy, sociology, psychology, or other relevant field);
- At least 5 years of experience in the development of programs, methodological package, and developing training modules and conducting effective trainings for teachers;
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of education, preferably in the preschool system education;
- Experience in similar assignments, including the development of teacher training programs
based on good international practices, monitoring and evaluation of trainings, observation of lessons;
- Experience in projects of international agencies qualified in relevant areas will be an advantage.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team, to perform multiple tasks at the same time, effectively manage resources;
- Knowledge of Uzbek or Russian languages is an advantage;
- Successful experience of critical analysis in the preparation of the report;
- Successful experience in critical analysis and synthesis and report preparation;
- Computer skills.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs, 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” July 2016 (revised in November 2017 and August 2018) (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Selection of Individual Consultants method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Selected consultant will get a lump-sum contract for 4 (four) months.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 09:00 to 18:00 hours.
Expressions of interest in the form of CV of the Consultant must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by October 6, 2020, 18:00 p.m. by Tashkent time.
Ministry of Preschool Education of the Republic of Uzbekistan
Attn: Mr. Rakhmatillo Kholov – Project Coordinator
17, Amir Temur Street, Tashkent 100070, Uzbekistan
Ministry of pre-school education of the Republic of Uzbekistan
17 A. Temur street, Tashkent
+998 99 8040445