Objective of Evaluation
The objectives of the evaluation are to assess progress and achievements of the project towards its expected outcomes and outputs, particularly in terms of the project’s relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability as well as review the project’s overall approach, its specific implementation methodologies and organizational set up while also looking at potential shortcomings and gaps. The final evaluation will take place when the project’s field implementation will have been concluded. It shall therefore serve two purposes:
1) Accounting for the project’s outcomes vis a vis the project’s stakeholders, in particular its beneficiaries, as well as the donor.
2) Provide learnings and recommendations for the design of future projects.
Scope of the Evaluation
The evaluation to be conducted is a final evaluation and shall include the entire project duration from 1.8.2018 to 30.9.2020. In terms of scope, the evaluation shall focus on the target groups and activities as outlined in the project proposal. The geographical coverage of the evaluation is the target area in Myintkyina and Lashio.
There needs to be a suitable mix of skills amongst consultant(s) including M&E, experience with the humanitarian sector and emergency response, facilitation, data collection, language and communication skills (English and Myanmar).
The consultant(s) must have a good understanding of the Myanmar and local context and have had experience with local organizations and networks. A proficient level of English reporting is required. The consultant(s) must be based in Myanmar as international travel and other international costs will not be recognised.
Submission of Proposal
Interested candidates are requested to submit a detailed CV, Expression of Interests (EOI) and a brief proposal in between 22 June, 2020 to 20 July, 2020.
The EOI (Maximum three pages) should include:
- Reason for interest in the consultancy
- Relevant experience
- Brief initial Ideas or Potential evaluation methodology, approach including estimated number of days required.
- Proposed daily fees (transport and accommodation outside of Yangon will be organised separately and does not need to be included in the fees)
CVs and EOIs can be submitted by email or to the addresses below;
Phone: 01-522266, 522357
Applications can be submitted by email to: email@example.com.
DEADLINE: July 20, 2020