REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB), the Executing Agency for the CARIFORUM-EU Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) and CARICOM Single Market and Economy (CSME) Standby Facility for Capacity Building funded by the 11th European Development Fund (EDF), now wishes to procure consultancy support for the Provision of Multimedia Design and Production Services. Payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, are prohibited if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations.
The objective of the consultancy is to create outputs to sustain project visibility by conceptualising and developing multimedia material based on agreed concepts for use in Antigua & Barbuda, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, the Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Saint Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, St Kitts and Nevis, Suriname & Trinidad and Tobago. The duration of the assignment is 180 person days over a period of 18 calendar months.
CDB now invites interested eligible individual consultants to submit Expressions of Interest indicating qualifications and experience required to provide these consultancy servicesin accordance with the attached TORs.
Consultants shall be eligible to participate if:
- the individual fulfils the following country eligibility requirements:
- the persons are citizens or bona fide residents of an eligible country; and
- in all cases, the consultant has no arrangement and undertakes not to make any arrangements, whereby any substantial part of the net profits or other tangible benefits of the contract will accrue or be paid to a person not a citizen or bona fide resident of an eligible country.
- Consultants from member countries of CDB, as well as EU Member Countries, which are not CDB Member Countries, and other countries which are eligible under EU procurement provisions, will be eligible to participate in these procurement opportunities.
- the individual fulfils the following additional criteria:
- is not bankrupt or insolvent or in the process of either, or having their affairs administered by the Courts, has not entered into an arrangement with creditors, is in any analogous situation arising from similar procedures provided for in their national legislation or regulations;
- has not been convicted of an offence concerning their professional conduct by a judgment which has the force of res judicata;
- has not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity detrimental to the EU’s financial interest;
- is not subject to prevailing suspension or sanctions by CDB for integrity violations;
- is not guilty of misrepresentation in supplying the information required as a condition of the participation in the procedure or if they fail to supply this information; and
- does not expose a conflict of interest.
In the assessment of submissions, consideration will be given to qualifications and experience on similar assignments existing commitments and specifically:
- A first degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia Design, Fine Arts, Animation or a related field.
- At minimum of five years’ relevant experience with multi-country digital advertising, marketing and promotions projects in the Caribbean.
- Proven understanding of design and storytelling to a Caribbean audience.
All information must be submitted in English. Further information may be obtained from the first address below between 9:00am and 12:00pm hours Monday to Friday.
An electronic copy of the Expressions of Interest must be sent in PDF format to the email in the first address below by no later than July 24, 2020. The Expression of Interest will be deemed to have been received at the time that it is received by CDB. The burden of proving receipt of the e-mail will be on the applicant and will not be met solely by a read receipt or sent items report generated by the Consultant’s computer. The e-mail containing each submission should include the name and address of the applicant. The subject line shall be clearly marked “Expression of Interest – Consultancy Services for the Provision of Multimedia Design and Production Services”
Following the assessment of submissions, a short-list of not less than three and not more than six applicants will be provided with full terms of reference and invited to submit technical and financial proposals to undertake the assignment. CDB reserves the right to accept or reject late applications or to cancel the present invitation partially or in its entirety. It will not be bound to assign any reason for not short-listing any applicant and will not defray any costs incurred by any applicant in the preparation and submission of Expressions of Interest