To guide the process of improving quality of distance education and ensure timeliness and quality of this process, UCO Education Section seeks the services of an international professional individual. The expert is expected to provide technical support throughout the process of development of teaching methodology and tools for distance education, preparation new video-lessons, and in the process of building capacity of national experts.
- Analyze the DL Plan and Training Needs of REC methodologist and teachers responsible for producing video lessons;
- Based on the analysis, develop a comprehensive Training Plan and appropriate training materials including Learning Videos for Teachers;
- Using the training materials, carry out the online training of REC methodologist and teachers responsible for producing video lessons as per the training plan; the training itself should serve as an example of good practices in DL;
- Based on training materials, piloted within the training, develop Distance Education Toolkit and Learning Videos for Teachers;
- Provide guidance and advice on developing 40 model video lessons for 20 subjects in school curriculum;
- Advise on MOPE and REC efforts to support the development and implementation of contextualized distance learning plans, in COVID-19 affected context with special focus on M&E on the plans.
Timeline & Deliverables
The deliverables are expected to be provided within 40 working days between August - November 2020:
The consultant will report to, and work under, the direct supervision of UNICEF Uzbekistan Chief of Education. UNICEF Uzbekistan Education Officer is the main focal point and liaison between the consultant, UNICEF and its partners. The consultant will also closely collaborate with REC, In-service Teachers’ Training Institute named after Avloniy and the
State Inspection on Supervision of Education Quality in all stages of the assignment.
In addition, it is required that the consultant would closely coordinate work with the international consultant responsible for technical support to curriculum reform and initial support to capacity building of national experts in designing and implementing distance learning programme, to ensure a consistent and comprehensive approach.
All outputs of this TOR are subject for the review of UNICEF Education Officer and MOPE Main Department in charge of the organization of educational process in general secondary schools.
40 working days are allocated for accomplishment of all tasks and deliverables within the period of August-November 2020. The Consultant fee will be paid upon successful completion of each deliverable and certification by supervisor. All expenses will be charged against thematic funds (RR) funding.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree (Master’s or PhD) in social sciences, preferably in one of the specialized fields of education.
- Understanding of, and experience in development of distance education programme, and/or Capacity Building experience, including at international level.
- Experience in organizing and conducting online trainings.
- Good analytical and report writing skills.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) is an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
Procedures and Working Conditions
The assignment will be home-based. UNICEF will ensure the detailed briefing and feedback for the consultant via Zoom and/or other online tools. Relevant UNICEF documents pertaining to the assignment will be provided.
Closing Date Thu Jul 09 2020 02:55:00 GMT+0800 (China Standard Time)