In consultation with the Director of Individual Giving, the Specialist oversees direct mail program, tracks goals, responsible for researching, identifying, and conducting outreach to new individual donors, and supports stewardship of existing donors.
This is a senior associate level union position under EngenderHealth’s collective bargaining agreement with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 153, AFL-CIO and subject to union dues.
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., public health, international development, business administration).
- Three (3) years of experience in development, strategizing goals, managing individual giving programs, and writing proposals.
- Database experience using relational and customer relationship management (CRM) systems, for example, Raiser’s Edge and Sphere.
- Experience creating and managing program reports from a variety of sources using formulas, sorting, conditional formatting, Vlookup, and pivot tables (e.g., Excel, Crystal).
- Technical skills to include business email system (e.g., Outlook) and the ability to create .pdf files, hyperlinks, tables, presentations, format layout, configure print functionality, and import/export content from other sources using Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Reader.
- Fluency in English, which includes the use of accurate grammar.
- Experience speaking and presenting publicly in front of small groups.
- Experience tailoring communication approaches to an intended audience.
- Ability to give examples of confidentiality methods, for example, donor confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to prioritize tasks, positively influence others, and meet deliverables.
- Interpersonal skills to build internal and external relationships quickly.
- Ability to work as an effective team member and collaboratively with other stakeholders.
- Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- International non-profit and non-governmental organization (NGO) industry experience.
- Experience in the areas of reproductive health, women’s rights, or international development.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.