The Pacific Labour Scheme and the Seasonal Worker Programme are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs &Trade (DFAT).
The Industry Compliance & Process Officer will Support the Pacific Labour Facility’s Demand Team with the relevant financial, legal and operational compliance procedures and administrative processes, to maximise demand for Pacific workers in Australia.
Under the direction of the Industry Compliance & Process Manager the Industry Compliance & Process Officer will undertake the following duties:
* Comprehensively assess the employer for legal, financial or operational risks that their participation in the Scheme could create for the Commonwealth, Pacific workers or the employer itself, through:
* performing background checks on potential employers across multiple areas and monitor ongoing employers’ compliance with the relevant regulatory and policy requirements.
* ensuring quality assurance and risk management processes to accredit prospective employers to participate in the PLS to ensure that selected employers are reputable and suitable for PLS.
* request further information, if required to suitably asses their application.
* Conduct financial solvency checks, to review the employer’s audited accounts to assess the solvency and liquidity of the employer under four key areas: quantity and quality of earnings, profitability, solvency, liquidity and efficiency.
* Conducts reputational checks on the entity, its directors and key personnel.
* Assist employers with administration throughout the application process by providing comprehensive, accurate and timely information, templates, contact details etc.
* Regularly review and update formal application and assessment processes to facilitate employers’ entry into the Scheme and their recruitment of workers.
* Contribute to strict vetting and selection of employers through employer site visits and subsequent reporting to the LMD Lead.
* Maintain accurate records of all compliance findings and activities.
* Interstate travel, as required.
* Other tasks as reasonably requested by the LMD Lead and Demand Team.
The Industry Compliance and Process Officer will possess the following qualifications and experience:
* Education in Economics, Finance, Accounting or other relevant qualification and/or experience
* Relevant work experience in a compliance or audit role
* A strong understanding and practical experience of audit, compliance and risk analysis in a business/corporate environment.
* Customer/client relationship management.
* Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Experience in stakeholder engagement, International and Government relations [i.e. can build effective relationships with the Australian counterparts across the public and private sector.
Location(s): Australia - Queensland - Brisbane
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.