The Pacific Labour Scheme and the Seasonal Worker Programme are two employment programs sponsored by the Australian government, which allow citizens of Pacific Countries to take up low and semi-skilled work opportunities with Australian employers in certain locations and industries. These programs increase circular labour mobility within Pacific countries, which builds people-to-people links and supports increased economic growth, employment and investment across the region.
The Pacific Labour Facility (PLF) facilitates the connection of Australian employers with Pacific workers for both these programs. The facility also provides continuous support to Pacific workers who are taking part in the programs. The PLF will act as trusted intermediary in connecting Australian employers with Pacific workers and in its partnerships with Pacific countries, the private sector and other stakeholders. The PLF is managed by Palladium on behalf of the Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade (DFAT).
We are looking for an industry specialist with extensive experience and strong networks in the Fisheries/Aquaculture Industry to be responsible for promotional activities to enhance awareness amongst the Fisheries/Aquaculture industry, its sectors and employers, of Pacific Labour Mobility programs, stimulating demand for Pacific workers longer-term in the agriculture industry.
The critical objectives of this role is to increase the number of employers engaged in the PLS and the number of PLS visas issued to workers recruited by newly approved employers.
You will be required to:
* Coordinate and implement agriculture industry-specific promotional and educational activities to increase the awareness and demand for Pacific workers required by Australian employers;
* Assist with developing and undertaking outreach in each State and Territory to build demand within their industry for Pacific labour mobility and proactively manage risks of displacement of Australian job seekers, particularly young and unemployed Australians;
* Design and implement activities to enhance awareness amongst eligible employers of Pacific workers;
* Encourage Australian employers to actively contribute to annual planning, monitoring, reflection and learning to ensure that the PLS and SWP meet employer needs;
* Contribute and utilise social and traditional media to promote the opportunity to employ Pacific workers;
* Engage initially with national agricultural organisations to explain the program and develop a strategy to promote the PLS to their constituency;
* Contribute to strict vetting and selection of employers through employer site visits and subsequent reporting;
* Contribute to strengthening Government, private sector and civil society partnerships on Pacific labour mobility.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Established connections within Australian agricultural industry and business community
* Strong existing networks in agricultural/horticultural industry
* Experience in stakeholder engagement, International and Government relations [i.e. can build effective relationships with the Australian counterparts across the public and private sector
* Brings (or will develop) a strong understanding of labour mobility in the Pacific and its challenges
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
Desirable skills and experience:
* Education in Marketing, Communications, International relations or a similar discipline.
* Project management.
* Qualifications relating to the industry in which they are experts.
Permanent location of this position is to be decided, in consideration of the successful candidates specialised industry. It is expected the Industry Marketing Coordinators will spend approximately one week per month in the Brisbane Pacific Labour Facility office.
About the Organization
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.