Requisition ID: req2137
Job Title: INEE Coordinator: Education Policy
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The Inter-Agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) is a global open network of more than 14,000 members in 130 countries working together within a humanitarian and development framework to ensure all persons the right to quality and safe education in emergencies and post-crisis recovery. INEE members are practitioners, students, teachers, staff from UN agencies, non-governmental organizations, donors, governments and academic institutions. INEE supports its network through its core functions of community-building, convening diverse stakeholders, knowledge management, amplifying and advocating, facilitating learning, and providing members with the resources and support they need to carry out their work on education in crisis-affected contexts.
INEE seeks a Coordinator for Education Policy, to lead INEE’s work on policy in crisis-affected contexts and to be responsible for managing and coordinating the INEE Education Policy Working Group. This position will foster inter-agency collaboration between Working Group members and support diverse initiatives to influence policies relating to education in emergencies and crisis-affected contexts. The Coordinator will provide technical guidance and guarantee satisfactory project management, leading the development of the Working Group’s annual work plan and multi-year strategic planning. The coordinator will contribute to the overall strategic engagement and functioning of the network. The coordinator will carry out all relevant responsibilities (e.g., communications, advocacy, promotion and fundraising) in coordination and collaboration with the INEE Secretariat in order to ensure coherence and harmonization across activities. Supervision and management of this consultancy will be provided by the INEE Senior Partnerships and Policy Coordinator.
* Working Group Management and Coordination
* Lead the development of the Working Group’s Annual work plan and multi-year strategic planning aligned to INEE’s Strategic Plan and INEE’s Strategic Priorities
* Build consensus within the Working Group, facilitating inputs, synthesizing feedback, and communicating decisions. Support members to lead the successful implementation of working group priorities.
* Manage and facilitate Working Group initiatives and projects by providing input and guidance and guaranteeing satisfactory project management.
* Project manage WG projects, which could include, for example:
* Leading event-management, organizing international conferences and round table events for up to 150 participants, from event conception, agenda-setting, preparing materials, coordinating logistics, briefing speakers, and managing the conference budget (as required).
* Managing publications (for example of policy briefs, thematic papers) overseeing the full process from conception to editing, design, translation, printing (as required) and dissemination.
* Provide technical inputs to and review Working Group products and deliverables, including resources and other materials generated by the Working Group.
* Develop and facilitate collaboratives, reference/advisory Groups and focal points within the Working Group to support activities. Manage outreach and facilitate inputs of experts as needed.
* Facilitate and moderate bi-annual in-person meetings of the EPWG.
* Coordinate the planning of biannual INEE WG meetings of up to 100 participants in collaboration with the INEE Secretariat.
* Manage the transition between WGs including the convening of a new group and new processes.
INEE Strategic Engagement and Communications
* Contribute to INEE’s overall strategic direction, drafting governance documents, and making links between programs, thematic areas and INEE network spaces.
* Provide regular reports on activities and achievements to the INEE Secretariat, Steering Group, and INEE membership.
* Ensure quality communication with and between Working Group members (e.g. planning and facilitating successful meetings and calls, providing quality and relevant updates, and sending clear and concise action requests to Working Group members) and ensuring consistent follow-up
* Ensure quality communications between the Working Group and the INEE Secretariat & other INEE Working Groups.
* Coordinate activities related to the organization and inputs of the Working Group into technical and outreach events (e.g. conferences, meetings) and promote resources, tools and other materials generated by the Working Group’s activities.
* Post periodic updates and requests over the listserv and website for INEE members to input into the work of the Working Group.
Program Oversight, Administration, Finance, and Human Resources
* Recruit, manage, support, and supervise staff, consultants, and interns working on INEE Education Policy projects, as funding permits and as required by WG activities.
* Manage relevant grant funds covering the Working Group and INEE broadly (as required), including multi-year grants, single-year grants, and project funding. Lead on grant EPWG reporting, budget-drafting, and overseeing programme implementation.
* Contribute to INEE’s overall funding strategy, including solicitation of funds, proposal development, and contributing to budget development.
Representation and Technical Support
* Represent the INEE network at international conferences, meetings, and forums as requested and in consultation with the INEE Senior Coordinator: Policy & Partnerships and INEE Director.
* Provide technical support on INEE Tools and Resources such as the INEE Minimum Standards, INEE Conflict Sensitive Education Pack, the INEE Toolkit and themes connected to education in emergencies and related policies within the Working Group, INEE network and with other relevant partners.
* Other duties as requested by the INEE Senior Coordinator: Partnerships and Policy and INEE Director.
Key Working Relationships:
* Position reports to: INEE Senior Coordinator for Partnerships and Policy
* Position directly supervises: This position could potentially supervise one or more consultants and/or interns.
* Indirect Reporting: INEE Director
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
* Internal: INEE Secretariat (Coordinators, Communications, Admin/Finance, LCFs), IRC education unit, HR, admin, finance, legal.
* External: UN agencies, NGOs, donor agencies, academic institutions, including mid-level to senior representatives.
Master’s/post-graduate degree in education, refugee or migration studies, international relations, education psychology, social work, human development or relevant field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
a minimum of 4 years in education in emergencies, international humanitarian work, or a similar international field, preferably with field experience in crisis-affected contexts, and/or managing such programmes from headquarters
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
1 Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and facilitation skills working with multiple stakeholders, including UN agencies, donors, local communities, NGOs and governments
2 Strong facilitation and organizational skills including the use of participatory methodologies and willing (including the hosting and convening of teleconferences for large groups of participants)
3 Strong knowledge and solid understanding of the INEE, the INEE Minimum Standards and tools, and the humanitarian community desired.
4 Ability to be flexible and work well in a fast-paced environment with limited daily supervision.
5 Demonstrated facilitation skills
6 Strong knowledge and experience on issues of education in emergencies and protracted crises
7 Excellent organizational and coordination skills, including experience managing multiple complex projects and deadlines involving different partners.
8 Experience in budgeting, technical and financial reporting and fundraising.
9 Willingness to travel
Language Skills: Fluent (writing, reading and speaking) in English, and an additional INEE language highly desirable.
Certificates or Licenses: none required
Working Environment: Headquarters/ remote-working from home
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.