Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Assessment-System Development Advisor,
Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency (AMANAT),
“Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency” project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project works closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project also promotes better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business and the media play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Assessment/System Development Advisor will provide technical knowledge and expertise to create and develop ICT systems in selected government entities. He/she will conduct ICT needs assessments, identify ICT priorities and solutions, and provide management with ICT recommendations, technical options and analysis to inform decision-making. The advisor will support ICT system development and build staff capacity in the area of ICT. In this position, the advisor will be an essential member of a multi-disciplinary team that is creating change in public service delivery by identifying and focusing on business processes in government agencies and then making them more efficient by simplifying them.
- Conduct ICT needs assessments at selected government ministries
- Advise on designing ICT infrastructure, upgrading systems, and developing new systems from scratch
- Advise on the development, implementation and maintenance of all policies related to ICT services, including procurement, distribution and asset management
- Advise on the implementation of ICT systems, security strategy and disaster recovery plan that minimizes the risk of data loss
- Support the development of data bases
- Build capacity of government staff in software/system development
- Develop planning and budgeting tools, materials and staff capacity building for ICT services to ensure that resources are used to provide best-in-class ICT services that are in line with organizational growth
- Develop sourcing strategy to ensure appropriate procedures are in place to select equipment and services vendors
- Advise on the implementation and maintenance of technology infrastructure in compliance with government growth plans, and changing business requirements or technological advancements
- Advise on ICT special projects, including supporting the planning, scheduling, managing and progress reporting for system implementation
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in ICT, systems engineering, information systems and software engineering
- Experience in software/systems development including designing and setting up new systems from scratch
- Experience in testing hardware and software system components and diagnosing and resolving system faults
- Experience providing on-the-job and practical training on ICT systems development
- Expert knowledge of database design, database management, and information management systems
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Strong communications skills including effective listening
- Proactive problem solver
- Demonstrated track record of creativity, innovation and flexibility
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and write reports and recommendations
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Fluent English, and professional proficiency in Dari and Pashto (writing and speaking)
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Applications due by: July 17, 2020
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.