You will design digital and print communication materials to assist in demonstrating the impact of Prospera activities, ensuring the material is presented in a way that fosters efficient and effective understanding.
Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno manages Prospera, a new partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Prospera will be responsive to the needs of a wide range of agencies in the Indonesian government, covering six Engagement Areas:
- Markets – improving product and factor market efficiency
- Finance – delivering financial stability and development
- Spending – improving the quality, delivery efficiency, and access to public services
- Revenue – mobilising revenues without unduly impeding private activity
- Public Sector Reform – strengthening economic institutions
- Economics & Inclusion – providing analysis to boost the evidence for economic policy.
In this role you will:
- Design and layout reports, presentations, policy briefs and other documents produced by Prospera, in coordination with Prospera Engagement Areas and government partners (as agreed) in ways that are informative and visually appealing.
- Support the Prospera Information Communication Technology (ICT) Designer to develop Prospera digital platforms including the website, newsletter and other media-rich microsites.
- Design infographics, charts and other visual aides—static and interactive—to communicate messages across print and online media.
- Coordinate and quality assure freelance designers and print services, as required.
- Comply with Australian and Indonesian government style guidelines, including use of logos.
The Terms of Reference containing full Selection Criteria can be downloaded from here.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Education or training in communications, information technology, graphic design, or similar field relevant to the role.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience in a digital communications or graphic design role.
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in common coding languages.
- Demonstrated experience with creative design software, e.g. Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere and After Effect).
- Experience of web design software, e.g. HTML, CSS, jQuery, PHP, Laravel and Wordpress.
- Experience of data-visualisation software, e.g. D3, Python and R, is an advantage.
- Experience in basic animation and video production.
- Understanding of economic principles and the objectives of economic research is desirable.
How to apply
To apply for this position please email Jeane Panannangan at recruitment[@]prospera.or.id. Your application must include:
- A cover letter,
- Response to the selection criteria, and
- A current CV. current CV.
All applications are required to submit a response to the selection criteria (maximum 3 pages). Please note that incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
The remuneration will be set according to Prospera’s National Remuneration Framework and within Discipline Group C, Job Level 1. The remuneration level at which the Information Designer is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
Queries relating to this assignment should be directed to Jeane Panannangan at recruitment[@]prospera.or.id. It is essential that you quote ‘Prospera Information Designer - query’ in the subject line or you may not receive a response.
Applications close 5.00pm, Friday, 27 July 2018, Jakarta time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Availability for an immediate start is desirable.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.