Role & Responsibilities
Manage data for a variety of sectors, including shelter, nutrition and health and to help manage M&E indicators for each sector. The IM (M&E) Officer will support the Project Manager as well as the Projects Coordinator in all data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for program and all projects. S/he will provide technical field support on the M&E work. The IM (M&E) Officer will work closely with project teams to assess field conditions, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data under the supervision of the Project Manager.
Medair is working under the registration of World Concern in Bangladesh and based in Cox’s Bazar. We have 3 Nutrition centres, 3 Medical Mobile teams and a Shelter distribution project. The main aim of our project is to provide essential services to the Rohyingya people in Bangladesh.
Workplace & Conditions
Field based position in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh. Take a look at Medair’s work in Bangladesh.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
As soon as possible. Full time, 12 months
Key Activity Areas
M&E Systems development
- Support Manager in creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Support the Manager in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the projects.
- Assist the Manager in proposing strategies to increase data use and demand among project team
- Assist project team and manager in clarifying project information needs.
- Support project team on ways to properly document, organize and capture project progress.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures under the supervision of the Manager (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart).
- Support the Manager in reviewing the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
Data Collection & Data Entry
- Developing and updating Open Data Kits (ODK) forms to ensure high quality data collection.
- Keeping ODK training material up to date.
- Providing practical training for data enumerators and supervisors.
- Entering data into appropriate forms when necessary.
- Develop organizational capacity for multimedia and information alerting usage.
Data Protection and Data Management
- Be responsible for data accuracy and data cleaning.
- Implementing beneficiary data protection protocols.
Data Analysis, Visualization, and M&E Reporting
- Analyse data to produce relevant indicators. Produce automated Qlik Sense reports.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluation reporting.
- Using GIS, QLIK and other relevant software to produce information visuals.
- Contribute information visuals to internal and external reporting.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within project field teams. - Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by project team and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Support and participate in project evaluation and reporting.
Communication & Training
- Regular team communication and contribution.
- Recruit, train and manage teams of NRS enumerators.
- Follow appropriate IM standards and integrate lessons learned into the projects.
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject or equivalent professional / technical qualification
- Degree in Computer Programming, Database Management, Systems & Computing (desirable).
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
Experience / Competencies
- Relevant professional experience working with information management (1 year).
- Experience using data for reporting purposes, tablets & smartphones and associated software.
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Aptitude, willingness and ability to learn data analysis and data management packages.
- Problem solving ability. Able to oversee multiple tasks, prioritising and delegating as required.
- Able to build trust and enforce procedures. Attention to detail.
- Creative, open-minded, flexible, self-learner.
Before you apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
- Medair organisational values.
- Profiles sought for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
- Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
- Benefits Package provided for Internationally Recruited Staff (IRS).
To apply, go to the ”Current Vacancies” page then:
- apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile), or
- apply for a Medair ROC (where we can try and match your competencies to our vacancy needs).
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.
About the Organization
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure.