Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). The incumbent will lead the security posture for OTI Systems, making sure they are compliant and adhere to the standards required by the United States Government. As part of the IT Team, the incumbent will help the development staff to build secure and compliant systems.
- Maintain the overall security posture of OTI systems and provide needed documentation to support the system from a security and continuous monitoring point of view.
- Monitor Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and guide team in resolving outstanding issues.
- Maintain an inventory of hardware and software required for the system.
- Support continuous monitoring, testing and other requirements, as well as preparation of security plans, contingency plans, and related procedures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of OTI’s systems.
- Knowledge of variety of cyber defense tools to analyze events that occur within the operating environment to mitigate threats.
- Oversee contingency planning, security reviews and related activities.
- Coordinate the development of a Contingency Plan and ensure that the plan is tested annually and maintained.
- Act as liaison with USAID’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) to ensure compliance and review of OTI’s systems security plans and procedures.
- Liaise with CIO Architecture and Client Services (CS) to ensure CS is aware of OTI systems and work with CS to define OTI requirements (both for the OTI-based systems and for the operational environment).
- Liaise with Agency CIO Information Assurance (IA) to find the best way to ensure security, privacy, etc. while at the same time reducing cost.
- Identify and document all systems to determine conformity with federal laws, policies, guidance, and USAID policies.
- Research OTI’s program and operations, analyzing current systems, processes, and requirements to provide optimal support
- Liaise and collaborate with the IT Business Analyst, IT Team Lead, and the CIO on the maintenance and support of existing IT systems making sure compliance with Agency cybersecurity regulations is met.
- Provide guidance on USAID policies and procedures and ensure awareness of standardization and governance;
- Liaise with CIO to ensure applications adhere to USAID policies, procedures and security requirements, creating or assisting in creating OTI procedures to ensure system and user accountability;
- Perform related duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the successful completion of country programs and operations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
Minimum requirements: A Master’s degree and 12 years of relevant work experience, a Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of relevant work experience, or high school/equivalent diploma and 20 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience functioning as an ISSO (Information System Security Officer)
- Experience performing or involvement in information assurance audits.
- Full understanding of the Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) process and experience obtaining an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Proficiency using CSAM (Cyber Security Assessment Management) tool
- CISSP, CISA, PMP
- Knowledge of basic development principles.
- Knowledge of Network Infrastructure, Server Administration.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure, especially Amazon Web Services (AWS).
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.