Information Systems Security Officer
Macfadden, a PAE company, is seeking an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to support USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI). The incumbent will lead the security posture for OTI Systems, making sure they are compliant and adhere to the standards required by the United States Government. As part of the IT Team, the incumbent will help the development staff to build secure and compliant systems.
- Maintain the overall security posture of OTI systems and provide needed documentation to support the system from a security and continuous monitoring point of view.
- Monitor Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) and guide team in resolving outstanding issues.
- Maintain an inventory of hardware and software required for the system.
- Support continuous monitoring, testing and other requirements, as well as preparation of security plans, contingency plans, and related procedures to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of OTI’s systems.
- Knowledge of variety of cyber defense tools to analyze events that occur within the operating environment to mitigate threats.
- Oversee contingency planning, security reviews and related activities.
- Coordinate the development of a Contingency Plan and ensure that the plan is tested annually and maintained.
- Act as liaison with USAID’s Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) to ensure compliance and review of OTI’s systems security plans and procedures.
- Liaise with CIO Architecture and Client Services (CS) to ensure CS is aware of OTI systems and work with CS to define OTI requirements (both for the OTI-based systems and for the operational environment).
- Liaise with Agency CIO Information Assurance (IA) to find the best way to ensure security, privacy, etc. while at the same time reducing cost.
- Identify and document all systems to determine conformity with federal laws, policies, guidance, and USAID policies.
- Research OTI’s program and operations, analyzing current systems, processes, and requirements to provide optimal support
- Liaise and collaborate with the IT Business Analyst, IT Team Lead, and the CIO on the maintenance and support of existing IT systems making sure compliance with Agency cybersecurity regulations is met.
- Provide guidance on USAID policies and procedures and ensure awareness of standardization and governance;
- Liaise with CIO to ensure applications adhere to USAID policies, procedures and security requirements, creating or assisting in creating OTI procedures to ensure system and user accountability;
- Perform related duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the successful completion of country programs and operations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS
Minimum requirements: A Master’s degree and 12 years of relevant work experience, a Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of relevant work experience, or high school/equivalent diploma and 20 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience functioning as an ISSO (Information System Security Officer)
- Experience performing or involvement in information assurance audits.
- Full understanding of the Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) process and experience obtaining an Authority to Operate (ATO)
- Proficiency using CSAM (Cyber Security Assessment Management) tool
- CISSP, CISA, PMP
- Knowledge of basic development principles.
- Knowledge of Network Infrastructure, Server Administration.
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure, especially Amazon Web Services (AWS).
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
About the Organization
PAE is a leading provider of enduring support for the essential missions of the U.S. Government, its allied partners and international organizations. As it enters its 60th year of business, PAE’s current portfolio includes capabilities in critical facility infrastructure, aviation, logistics, training, range operations and national security solutions, to support some of the most meaningful and exciting missions in the world.
Today, the approximately 20,000 members of our global workforce perform with excellence and dedication in roughly 60 countries, on all seven continents, in some of the world's most challenging regions. We attribute our success to the quality of our work and the integrity and high ethical standards that define our business operations. PAE is headquartered in Arlington, Va.