Information Technology (IT) Advisor,
Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency (AMANAT),
“Afghanistan’s Measure for Accountability and Transparency” project (AMANAT) is a USAID activity focused on supporting Afghan government and non-government institutions reduce and prevent corruption in the delivery of public services. The project works closely with local counterpart agencies to identify public services that are particularly vulnerable to corruption, develop mitigation strategies, implement those initiatives, and monitor their impact. Examples of AMANAT’s reforms include administrative streamlining, improved internal controls, e-governance applications, more open data, and establishing ethics units in government agencies. The project also promotes better communication of these reforms to generate more public trust in government. In addition, civil society, business and the media play major roles in AMANAT by conducting robust monitoring and oversight of these institutional reforms and their impacts.
**Please note: Only Afghan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Information Technology (IT) Advisor will work with designated government entities to design, develop, and provide technical expertise to support the implementation and coordination of IT systems, policies and procedures to enable Business Process Redesign (BPR). In this role, the IT advisor will be an essential member of a multi-disciplinary team that is creating change in public service delivery by identifying and focusing on business processes in government agencies and then making them more efficient by simplifying them with the use of IT.
- Analyze and diagnose the government entity’s IT infrastructure, understand their business needs and design and provide technical support to government for implementing technology solutions.
- Implement network firewalls
- Implement CISCO ASA firewall and IPSEC with CISCO ASA Implemented layer 2 and 3 security
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate network operations
- Ensure software updates are implemented on a regular basis according to best practices (including Windows, MS Office, and security software)
- Secure LAN with Cisco ASA, IPS. IDS, Cyberoam
- Check LAN, MAN, DMZ and WAN for reliability
- Provide documentation for IT network
- Ensure correct function of the local network, the server, and clients
- Determine specifications of required IT tools, software and hardware
- Monitor the network, identify IT related risks and recommend proper mitigation measures
- Troubleshoot software and hardware on regular basis
- Carry out other IT-related tasks
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in designing and implementing network infrastructure
- Experience mentoring, advising and/or providing on-the-job IT training
- Commitment to making public services more efficient and effective through IT
- Minimum CCNA in routing and switching
- Certification in networking CCNP, MCSE
- Cisco CCNA R&S, CCNP R&S
- CompTIA server+, A+ Certifications
- Strong experience in configuring network and devices required
- Strong experience in VOIP infrastructure - A Plus
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Strong communications skills including effective listening
- Proactive problem solver
- Demonstrated track record of creativity, innovation and flexibility
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and develop reports
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Fluent English, and professional proficiency in Dari and Pashto (writing and speaking)
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Applications due by: July 17, 2020
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.