Job DescriptionUniversity Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global professional organization dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/). Project Overview:
USAID Recovery Within our Reach project: Community-Based Drug Treatment and Recovery (CBDTR) Services in the Philippines is a five (5) year project from May 2019 to May 2024. The primary objective of the project is to help persons who use drugs (PWUDs), people in recovery, and their families obtain access to informal care, self-help or community-based treatment and recovery support to reduce or prevent drug dependence. By the end of the project, more communities will be able to provide evidence-based approaches to CBDTR services that Filipino PWUDs and their families can access without fear or prejudice. Position Overview:
The IT Coordinator is responsible for providing technical support for staff at the office, in the field and for supported health units as needed. S/he is responsible for the maintenance of hardware and updating software and for ensuring back-up of data and proper usage maintenance of all IT equipment. Job Description:
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- Ensure that all users are properly trained in the use of the components to which they are granted access;
- Manage the IT equipment and licensing software for the project team;
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, software and develop specification; and
- Provide IT support to computer users within the office.
- Any other tasks as assigned
- Minimum of BSc Information Technology, or Computer Science, Microsoft certified course, Cisco certified, Programming;
- A minimum 5 years working experience in a similar capacity;
- Experience working for an NGO and/or in a development context is an added advantage;
- Detailed oriented and has ability to organize multiple and diverse tasks, but the flexibility to adjust to program needs;
- Strong skills in teamwork and Excellent analytical skills; and
- Excellent Oral and written communication.
About the Organization
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. URC focuses on finding ways to deliver proven approaches to health care problems, applying quality improvement (QI) methods and conducting operations research to tailor those approaches to various settings. Recognizing implementation barriers unique to each setting, we train local managers and service providers to strengthen health systems, integrate system elements, and bring improvements to scale.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Position is Contingent upon Award
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.