Information Technology (IT) Specialist
Genocide Recovery and Persecution Response - Learning and Pilots (GRPR L&P)
The Genocide Recovery and Persecution Response (GRPR) is an activity of Management Systems International (MSI) under its Governance Integration and Stabilization for Resilience (GISR) Project of the USAID’s MENA Bureau.
This small two-year activity is part of USAID’s response to a directive by the Vice President of the United States to help populations in the Middle East and North Africa recover from the ISIS
genocide against ethnic and religious minorities and preserve plurality in the region. USAID has launched this Genocide Recovery and Persecution Response program to help guide USAID efforts to help ethnic and religious minorities heal and restore their communities, support economic recovery, and prevent future atrocities. USAID programming addresses the immediate, life-saving and recovery needs of these populations, as well as the challenges of restoring access to essential services, rehabilitating critical infrastructure, improving access to jobs, supporting local businesses, and mobilizing local and national actors to prevent future atrocities.
The purpose of this GISR-supported Activity is to explore more effective approaches to aiding survivors and victims, through assessments of current activities, the design of one or more pilot projects testing improved interventions, and learning, sharing, and “scaling up” of promising approaches. Activities will focus on communities in the Ninawa plain, and perhaps elsewhere in Northern Iraq. The GRPR Activity is scheduled for two years, beginning in November 2018.
The IT Specialist position is opened for Iraqi nationals only. The position will be based in Erbil with possible travel to other regions within Iraq.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The IT specialist is the primary persons responsible for:
- Overseeing the project network infrastructure including, switches, routers, access points, firewalls, wireless and similar devices;
- Overseeing computer security and anti-virus updates etc.;
- Ensuring data is backed up on a regular basis as per the backup scheduled defined by the IT Managers;
- Providing first port of call and initial troubleshooting of all network issues;
- Ensuring all software being used is properly licensed;
- Ensuring that usage policies are being adhered to through adequate and proactive monitoring of system logs;
- Responsible for monitoring and providing technical support for project provincial offices, this will include conducting a regular site visits, checking and making sure that all the components of the internet system is functioning properly, identifies diagnoses and resolves problems for the users like (software, hardware, end-user network, local printers, emails, internet),
- Maintaining and monitoring adequate control logs of all support calls and their resolutions;
- Providing input into IT strategy and annual IT budget;
- Providing input into IT acceptable use policy development;
- Keep abreast of IT technology;
- All other tasks as required.
Minimum Qualifications and Selection Criteria:
- Education: 4-year college/university degree in computer sciences or a relevant field
- Experience: At least five (5) years of relevant professional experience in any of the above technical areas. Prior experience working on USAID or other donor-funded technical assistance projects required
- Knowledge: Candidate would need to be knowledgeable in the following areas
- LAN/WAN * Router/Switch configuration and management experience a plus
- Heavy experience in VMWare
- Microsoft Windows * 2010 - Complete understanding of large-scale enterprise systems as well as complex system deployments and migration planning objects using Microsoft Products with a strong emphasis on Windows 2008
- Extensive Active Directory experience and DNS planning, deployment and support experience, in addition to AD security delegation, AD disaster recovery, and AD group policy creation and administration
- DNS/WINS knowledge and experience is a plus
- Skills and Abilities:
- VMWare, Active Directory, DNS, SAN, Blade Servers, DNS/WINS, Cisco configuration devices
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.