Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status. Health Policy Plus (HP+) Cambodia, with financial support from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is providing technical support to the NSPC General Secretariat to develop and advance its digital strategy. As part of this support, HP+ will contract an IT Specialist-2 to work within the General Secretariat. The initial period of this position is 6 months with the possibility to extend under direct contract with the NSPC General Secretariat.
The National Social Protection Council (NSPC) leads the Royal Government of Cambodia’s efforts to build a social protection system based on inclusiveness, effectiveness and financial sustainability. The social protection system is a tool to reduce poverty, vulnerability and inequality, and which will contribute to the development and protection of human resources and stimulate economic growth in the Kingdom of Cambodia. The NSPC General Secretariat provides technical, coordination, and implementation support to the NSPC to advance social assistance and social security programs.
If you possess a strong desire to contribute to reducing poverty, vulnerability, and inequality, and you meet or exceed the requirement below, you are encouraged to apply.
The IT Specialist-2 serves as the lead to implement the digital strategy and system integration:
establishing digital solutions to improve social health protection services in Cambodia - especially enabling the health sector to better link health service providers with health financing operators for making payments. The IT Specialist will advance a consensus building process with various stakeholders. The IT Specialist is expected have advanced knowledge of IT System management and interoperability.
The IT Specialist will also support the development of IT solutions for the General Secretariat as needed and including the Monitoring and Evaluation system. The IT Specialist will also serve as technical lead on the establishment of sectoral insurance information systems, especially the health sector, to support the operations and management of expanded health insurance coverage. The ideal candidate will know how to develop integrated systems and/or integrate and rationalize the current mix of systems in place to ensure sufficient system capacity to deal with greater volumes of beneficiaries and claims, while also improving efficiency and reducing duplication of functions at various institutions.
A successful candidate must have experience in working with the Government of Cambodia and brings in thorough knowledge of IT project management. The candidate should be able to explain complex tasks to non-IT persons but also understand needs and requirements of users and how technical experts can design software applications to respond to user requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support the consensus building among various Government Institutions to get approval on the draft strategy for better linking IT applications in the health sector.
- Support the development of a technical plan to set up an interoperability proof of concept.
- Work closely with other national and international experts on conducting the planned activities.
- Coordinate meeting and workshops with other relevant Ministries and Government organizations.
- Report to the General Secretariat and leadership team on IT issues and project status
- Develop or adapt ICT systems to facilitate the scale up in health insurance envisioned in the National Social Protection Policy Framework.
- Facilitate consensus building to standardize data entry formats and standards for claim submission, across different health service provides and health financing operators.
- Assist the IT Business process design for relevant agencies.
- Lead the development of budgets and human resource requirements
- Identify relevant technical experts and stakeholders to facilitate the setup.
- Backstop other IT team members as required.
The IT specialist should possess the following qualifications:
- Formal requirements:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, or a related field and 3 years of work experience. Or: A Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, or a related field and 5 years of work experience in a related field.
- Ideally the candidate has a Project Management Certificate or more than 3 years of experience in supporting/managing IT projects.
- Proven experience in the IT field or relevant position.
- Proven experience in project management skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation and diplomacy skills working with high-level government stakeholders and development partners stakeholders.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication in Khmer and English.
- Knowledge of the Patient Management and Registration System (PMRS) and/or the Health-Social Protection Information System (H-SPIS) is a plus.
- The ideal candidate has strong facilitation skills and experience in hosting interactive workshops.