Job DescriptionESSENTIAL DUTIES: •
- Supporting PCs (Windows 7 and Windows 10/ Microsoft Office 2010 / 2013/ 2016 and Office 365).
- Ensure Windows and other software is maintained and that patches are promptly applied on computers in the project offices.
- Ensure anti-virus software is kept current.
- Ensure information is backed up and maintained in accordance with RTI policies and procedures.
- Provide user support on hardware, networking and software related issues.
- Configuring and troubleshooting laptops / desktops / printers/ scanners.
- Assist with maintaining network infrastructure including Internet connections, perimeter equipment, Network switches, Wireless access points, Printers, Cisco IP phones etc.
- Assist the IT manager when setting up, maintaining, and supporting the IT infrastructure Supervise the performance of any local IT firms or staff hired to support the project offices.
- Ensure compliance with RTI Information Security policies, procedures and standards and train other project staff on IT policy.
- Assist with the integration, deployment and support of appropriate Integrated Communication Technologies into GAPP Program activities.
- Assist with ITS Equipment Management and Tracking.
- Any other duties as assigned by the immediate Supervisor
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• A Bachelor•s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science with 2 years of related working experience in a busy work environment
• A Master•s degree with 1 one year•s experience is an added advantage
• Microsoft, Cisco Trainings and programming knowledge is advantageous.
• User Training experience highly desired.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, 2016 Office 365 and Windows 7 / Windows 10 in a domain environment.
• Ability to troubleshoot common hardware, software and network issues.
• Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to fast changing priorities.
• Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously, but also able to recognize when you are in over your head.
• Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges.
• Flexibility to work outside of normal hours sometimes
• Dependability, reliability and high integrity
About the OrganizationIDG Governance & Economic Development