Open & closing dates: 09/16/2020 to 09/30/2020
Pay scale & grade: GS 13
Salary: $102,663 to $133,465 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
As an Information Technology (IT) Specialist (Customer Support) you will:
- Respond to and resolve customer requests for IT services or problems in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Diagnose and repair all hardware/software issues or problems on desktops, laptops, printers and peripheral equipment.
- Utilize a ticketing system to log, track and document incidents to ensure customer problems are resolved to customer satisfaction; routes unresolved helpdesk requests to appropriate specialists for resolution, maintaining complete status of trouble call for reference and reporting purposes.
- Address primary customer questions/problems concerns are related to automation systems, software/hardware issues, telecommunication troubles and work orders.
- Provide technical assistance to customers to minimize disruptions of computer operations and resolves a wide variety of problems, to include LAN and WAN technical problems.
- Test and analyze computer hardware and software malfunctions to resolve physical and logical processing problems, adjust equipment configurations, recommends appropriate acquisitions.
- Monitor IT services (e.g.,Windows 10 operating systems, applications, systems) and perform preventive maintenance and minor administration.
- Monitor and maintain the standard client software and hardware configuration to maintain effective and timely response time.
- Analyze the types, frequency, and solutions necessary to correct problems and improve service desk operational procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintain, configure, and issue mobile devices (e.g., Apple iPhones, and iPads; establishes, deletes, and changes mobile service).
Occasional travel - Occasional travel will be required; incumbent must be willing and able to travel both domestically and internationally.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Relocation expenses WILL NOT be paid
- International and overnight travel will be required.
- Registration with the Selective Service System is required, if applicable.
Applicant must meet all eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
FEDERAL TIME-IN-GRADE (TIG) REQUIREMENT FOR GENERAL SCHEDULE (GS) POSITIONS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One (1) year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the TIG requirements for this position at the GS-13 level. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
Applicants will be required to complete questions contained on the Declaration for Federal Employment (OF-306) at the time a tentative job offer is made. If selected, at the time of appointment, selectees will be required to update the OF-306.
To qualify for this position, you must meet the requirements listed below.
Experience must be IT related; the experience may be demonstrated by paid or unpaid experience and/or completion of specific, intensive training (for example, IT certification).
Candidates must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to meeting the 4 competencies above you must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the (GS-12) grade level in the federal service which includes: (1) applying comprehensive technical knowledge and understanding of new technologies and methodologies to solve problems relating to managing a helpdesk; (2) managing IT systems for the purpose of effectively recognizing, reporting, tracking, and resolving problems; (3) analyzing and developing customer service-related performance data and metrics; (4)identifying, distributing and balancing workload and tasks among helpdesk team members.
Education is not required at the grade levels advertised; however, education may be substituted for experience.