Chemonics seeks an infrastructure engineer to join the Enterprise Infrastructure department within the Global Technology and Infrastructure (GTI) division. The infrastructure engineer will work with other members of the team to maintain 24/7 availability of the corporate network and systems infrastructure. They will monitor and manage the daily operations of network equipment, including switches, firewalls, routers, wireless controllers and VoIP infrastructure. In addition, the infrastructure engineer will monitor network devices for uptime and troubleshoot connectivity issues, acting as an escalation point for the Global Support department. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Monitor and manage daily operations of network equipment, including switches, firewalls, routers, wireless controllers, and VoIP devices
- Monitor network devices for uptime and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Possess a thorough understanding of network engineering’s methodologies, approaches to problem solving, and strategic and programming decisions.
- Communicate with field teams directly, and resolve problems for the field staff by addressing their inquiries and needs promptly. Research and recommend solutions to resolve a variety of field office issues, including LAN and WAN matters as appropriate.
- Organize and participate in project start-ups, including network redesign and optimization, and other initiatives to promote the stability and efficiency of the corporate network
- Serve as an escalation point for Global Support team (Help Desk) to resolve connectivity and networking issues
- Take direct, appropriate, and timely action to meet client needs and resolve basic issues. Produce work products in conformance with Chemonics’ and clients’ standards
- Approach problem solving collectively with senior staff and internal and external clients to achieve mutually beneficial results
- Maintain and expand technical knowledge in communities of practice, knowledge management, and other technical interests by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies and Chemonics practice networks
- Contribute to the expansion of Chemonics’ knowledge management system
- Liaise regularly with new business staff to understand and better respond to clients’ needs
- Develop tools, guidelines, and training materials consistent with corporate policies and best practices for new business efforts
- Manage relationships with external clients, vendors, partners, and consultants that serve to enhance Chemonics’ reputation
- Actively participate in new business activities, including proposal teams. Undertake billable assignments on projects or special initiatives as appropriate
- Participate in the development of the department’s strategic plans, training materials and tools
- Effectively train and mentor staff on Chemonics tools and systems
- Facilitate meetings and develop agendas to achieve stated group goals, documenting progress, agreements, and issues and providing follow up assistance to groups
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing networks
- Experience managing Cisco IOS, Unified Communications, and Unified Wireless
- Experience managing and configuring Cisco ASA or other firewalls
- Experience managing and configuring VMware ESXi 4.x/5.x/6.x
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016
- Experience with Microsoft System Center, preferably using Configuration Manager
- Experience with network security best practices and configurations
- Strong troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Ability to solve technical, managerial or operational problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, resources, well-rounded experience, and knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and lead presentations, training courses, and effective meetings
- Willingness to be part of on-call rotation for after-hours response to network emergencies
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Cisco or Microsoft Certifications preferred
- Knowledge of company’s main client and its operations preferred
- Experience living or working in developing countries preferred
- Willingness to work overseas for up to 4-8 weeks per year and to consider long-term overseas assignments
- Foreign language fluency desired
Apply through our Career Center at https://chk.tbe.taleo.net/chk05/ats/careers/jobSearch.jsp?org=CHEMONICS&cws=1 by July 6, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.