We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D and we want to keep it that way. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity - of ideas, identities, perspectives, and backgrounds - is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative, and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D is seeking an Intern to join the Scaling Innovation team, supporting the promotion of innovation through the Global Innovation Exchange.
Global Innovation Exchange (GIE), a data-driven tech platform, managed by R4D, is looking for an Innovation Data Intern, who has a passion for international development and looking to gain skills in data sourcing, data cleaning or quality assurance for technology platforms. The intern will help GIE contribute to its mission to helping social entrepreneurs fundraise more effectively and serve as a reliable source of innovation data to the global development community.
This internship is based in Washington D.C. and will report to Meghan Erkel, Senior Program Associate.
Responsibilities will encompass a range of tasks including, but not limited to:
· Sourcing promising content (e.g. funding opportunities) to share throughout the GIE’s community of social entrepreneurs.
· Data cleaning and working on quality assurance issues including submitting reports of site performance issues.
· Supporting ongoing data collection efforts such as preparing large datasets to be uploaded by tech vendor.
· Supporting GIE team to conduct data quality assurance tests of website content including innovation profiles on Global Innovation Exchange.
Eligibility & Requirements:
· Candidates should be college/university undergraduate students with less than 2 years of work experience; or graduate students with less than 2 years of work experience.
· Interns are expected to work 10-20 hours a week during the internship period.
· Proficient in Excel, and additional Microsoft Office suite of software.
· Clear written communication skills.
· Attention to detail and organizational skills
· Team player
· Ideal intern candidates should be:
o Enrolled in a relevant course of study including, but not limited to: International Relations, International Business, Marketing, Communications, etc.
o Passion or knowledge (preferred) of international development including innovation challenge competitions and social enterprise
· This is a paid internship and R4D interns will receive $15/hourly.
Awarding academic credit for an internship is at the discretion of your college or university. We are happy to assist you with providing appropriate information at your school’s request. Interns are responsible for making all arrangements for earning credit prior to the commencement of their internship.
· To apply, please visit our website and submit your resume and a cover letter.
· No email or telephone inquiries please.
About Global Innovation Exchange
Global Innovation Exchange (GIE) is a data-driven tech platform on a mission to help scale the most promising global development innovations by utilizing its ever-growing database of funding, innovations, and insights. GIE is funded by and has Executive Board leadership from the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), the Australian Department of Foreign Assistance and Trade (Australian Aid), the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA). Global Innovation Exchange is managed by Results for Development.
About the Organization
Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.