Reporting to the Chief of Party (COP), the Innovation Funds Manager will have at least 10 years of experience in the administration of donor-funded development projects in Jordan, including at least 5 years of experience in grants management for USAID-funded projects. The Innovation Fund Manager will have:
* demonstrated experience complying with USAID rules and regulations related to the solicitation, award, oversight and close-out of grants.
* demonstrated experience with pre-award assessments and building the capacity of local organizations, including those that lack experience with USG funding, to apply for, implement, and report on grants.
* demonstrated experience managing a large portfolio of diverse grants to organizations across Jordan.
Working with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party, the Innovation Fund Manager will administer the grants management system in line with Global Communities and USAID rules and regulations. The Manager will coordinate and implement administration of the USAID YouthPower innovation fund activities, ensuring full utilization of grant funds in compliance with Global Communities and USAID regulations.
* Develop funding instruments (e.g. RFAs) for grantees and vendors, and manage tailored grants and procurement manual(s) that documents all of Global Communities grants management procedures and regulations, while still being helpful to grantees and vendors in maneuvering the process.
* Ensure the Grants Manual is updated regularly and accurately represents the procedures carried out by the USAID YouthPower program.
* Manage the grant procurement application, review and approval, implementation, and close out processes.
* Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions and the documentation for sub-awards, including in-kind sub-grants to government entities.
* Oversee review of all grant/procurement activities for compliance with program policies and USAID regulations in coordination with YouthPower finance unit.
* Oversee the review of sub-grantee financial reports for allowability, reasonableness and consistency in coordination with YouthPower finance unit.
* Ensure all documentation is appropriately recorded within grants management system.
* Report to the COP on overall grant implementation to ensure proposal and budget feasibility, grant activity schedule viability, and that equipment and material procurement and delivery are transparent and follow the grants manual and compliance regulations.
* Monitor grant activities during implementation to ensure on-time and high quality delivery of goods and services; provide continuous assessments of grantee performance against project objectives.
* Develop and implement training modules (as needed) for program staff and sub-grantees on topics related to grants management
* Provide technical support and mentoring to grantees unaccustomed with the complexity and restrictions of USAID funding in an effort to build the capacity of grantees to effectively manage their grants; interface with grantees and vendors to ensure grantee understanding and compliance with all Global Communities and USAID rules and regulations.
* Oversee closeout of sub-awards, and provide oversight to staff for closeout of sub-awards including assisting sub-recipients with preparation of final inventories and property disposition.
* Provide policy guidance and interpretation for all staff, partners, and recipients on granting issues.
* Provide technical assistance and guidance to grants management staff for compliance issues and problem resolution; monitor donor regulations and policies for changes affecting innovation funds activities and disseminate timely guidance and revisions to manuals and templates.
* Participate in program budgeting and planning.
* Conduct field visits on a regular basis.
* Supervise innovation fund management team of five persons.
* Assist with any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* Strong financial, audit and computers skills are mandatory, as is demonstrated skill in MS Excel and Word.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills.
* Knowledge of grant application mechanisms, implementation, and funding cycles.
* Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
* Ability to create and manage positive work environment.
* Demonstrated Experience:
+ Complying with USAID rules and regulations related to the solicitation, award, oversight and closeout of grants.
+ Pre-award assessments and building the capacity of local organizations, including those that lack experience with USG funding, to apply for, implement, and report on grants.
+ Managing a large portfolio of diverse grants to organizations across Jordan.
+ Assessing the credibility of an organization and their proposed programs.
+ Assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award.
+ Overseeing awards following review, evaluation and recommendations made by a technical review committee; ability to document results of competitive selections.
* Ability to establish and sustain professional relationships with donors and partners participating in the USAID YouthPower programs.
* At least ten (10) years prior experience working as a grants manager or related field, with at least half of those working on USAID projects.
* Demonstrated experience being responsible for ensuring that there are systems and internal controls in place to effectively manager, monitor and report on sub-awards, including being responsive to all USAID regulations and requirements.
* Strong interpersonal skills and written and oral communication skills.
* Fluency in oral and written English and Arabic required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred.
* Certifications and/or courses and workshops on grants management, program management, and contracting/compliance with USAID/donor requirements.
* Normal office environment, However, due to nature of activities and areas where YouthPower operates, the manager may have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions.
* Candidate needs to be able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
Jordanian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply; this position is based in Amman.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.