Working with the Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, and the Component Leads, the Innovation Fund Manager leads the management of grants under the USAID YouthPower-Jordan Activity. Managing more than 600 youth-led initiatives based on evidence based interest and needs of youth across 60 target communities, the Innovation Fund Manager supervises a team of professionals, collaborates with other components of the program under cross cutting activities, and manages relations and work flow with strategic partners from the civil society in Jordan. The Innovation Fund Manager will have experience managing USAID Grants with preference placed on applicants who have experience with youth programs.
Specific Responsibilities include the following
* Manage the development of youth-led initiatives and develop contractual packages to fund them;
* Manage a team of professionals.
* Manage strategic partners from civil society organizations to apply such approaches effectively, and ensure procurement of the required technical expertise to youth (e.g. individual experts, corporate, civil society);
* Manage the contractual requirements of grants, facilitate procurement with the support of the Finance Team to ensure compliance with USAID and Global Communities rules and regulations;
* Manage the development of grants budgets.
* Manage the closeout of awards per the guidelines of the grant management systems of USAID and Global Communities;
* Provide mentoring and guidance to the innovation fund staff on grants management;
* Contribute to the development of sustainability plans, and activities of the grants across target communities;
* Participate in programmatic design of annual workplans, budgeting, and reporting for USAID and strategic partners;
* Regularly engage with youth through program’s social media, community based, and training activities;
* Assist with any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Strong understanding of technical requirements of youth led grants of all sizes and types;
* Ability to manage approaches to build the capacity of strategic partners from the civil society, and youth on related subjects;
* Excellent management, mentoring, communications, and reporting skills in English and Arabic;
* Knowledge of grant application mechanisms, implementation, and funding cycles.
* Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
* Ability to create and manage positive work environment.
* Demonstrated Experience:
+ Demonstrated experience to effectively manage, monitor, and report on awards in line with USAID regulations and requirements.
+ Complying with USAID rules and regulations related to oversight and closeout of grants.
+ Capacity building of strategic partners from the civil society in Jordan to technically implement youth-led initiatives and national programs, reporting, and packaging of successes;
+ Managing a large portfolio of diverse youth-led initiatives and national programs under the grants awarded (e.g. standard and in-kind grants);
* Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required; Master’s degree preferred.
* Minimum of 10 years of experience in the administration of donor-funded development projects in Jordan, including at least 5 years of experience in technical management of grants on USAID-funded project.
* Demonstrated experience in managing a large portfolio of grants to national civil society organizations across Jordan;
* Demonstrated experience in managing grants for youth programs;
* Demonstrated experience in managing training programs to support youth entering the workplace and/or pursue higher vocational and/or mainstream education; and
* Experience complying with USAID rules, and regulations related to managing grants (e.g. standard grants, in-kind, and small grants);
* Experience in managing cross cutting functions of the innovation fund under outreach, learning and further education, mapping, M&E, and communications; and
* Experience engaging with youth as a mentor, trainer, and/or technical expert.
* Demonstrated experience with pre-award assessments and building the capacity of local organizations, including those that lack experience with USG funding, to apply for, implement, and report on grants.
About the Organization
The mission of Global Communities (formerly CHF International) is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe. Global Communities seeks an experienced Innovation Fund for USAID YouthPower-Jordan Activity, a five-year, $23 million, USAID-funded contract. Youth Power program, currently funded through March of 2022, manages an innovation (grant) fund of $5 million geared to support youth programming in 60 communities across Jordan. The Innovation Fund manager reports to the Chief of Party.