Chemonics seeks a short-term innovative technology specialist for biodiversity monitoring and evaluation to support the Guatemala Biodiversity Project. The specialist will perform an assessment of the tools and processes used to monitor progress toward biodiversity conservation objectives through performance indicators in the project’s three pilot areas: Pacific Coast, Sierra de las Minas Biosphere Reserve, and Maya Biosphere Reserve. At the end of the assessment, the specialist will recommend new technologies and strategies to improve data collection by the stakeholders who currently monitor biodiversity conservation in Guatemala. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Assess tools and analyze processes stakeholders use to monitor progress toward biodiversity conservation objectives through performance indicators as well as the threats in each of the project’s three pilot areas
- Propose innovative technology (tools and processes) that stakeholders can use to monitor progress toward conservation objectives and the threats in each pilot area
- Work with beneficiaries to identify innovative technologies that will improve the current monitoring systems
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or a related field; master’s degree in conservation biology or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in conservation biology
- Experience monitoring flora and fauna
- Demonstrated expertise in innovative technology (tools and processes) for conservation monitoring and evaluation
- Advanced population and ecosystem studies skills
- Demonstrated resourcefulness, flexibility, and interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Fluency in Spanish and English
Please send an email with your CV attached and “Biodiversity Innovation Technology Specialist” in the subject line to GuateBiodiversityRecruit@chemonics.com by October 3, 2018. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
About the Organization
Owned entirely by employees, Chemonics is an ISO-9001 certified international development company. For more than 40 years, we have partnered with local and international organizations to promote social and economic change around the world.