Creative seeks an Institutional Development Advisor (IDA) for the anticipated five-year USAID Integrated Child and Youth Development Activity (ICYD) in Uganda. The project seeks to improve children and youth learning outcomes while ensuring that children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments. The project will address primary school retention, strengthen systems and will use local partnerships to achieve results. The IDA will provide expert leadership to ICYD-related activities in the project.
The Institutional Development Advisor (IDA) will be responsible for ensuring the quality delivery of comprehensive orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) services through local partners according to PEPFAR guidelines. Through close collaboration with local partners, the IDA will closely monitor and support OVC service delivery to targeted populations. S/he will lead ICYD efforts in developing parameters for local partner capacity strengthening and certification, enabling local partners to successfully receive direct USAID awards. The IDA will enable local partners to successfully implement OVC services that result in reduced vulnerability of OVC households and HIV positive beneficiaries while supporting improved sustainability of a violence prevention and response system.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Institutional Development Advisor will report to the Chief of Party and supervise a team of institutional development specialists.
- Provide technical leadership of institutional capacity strengthening of partner local organizations to evolve and transition to USAID prime awards;
- Lead the implementation of institutional capacity needs assessments of local organization(s);
- Lead the development and implementation of institutional development plans for local organizations which will include performance milestones across financial, technical, administrative, Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) and contract-focused categories and measures;
- Lead the development and harmonization of operational tools and standard operating procedures (SOP) across all participating local partner organizations; and
- Serve as the focal point for the quality management of sub-contractor agreements and processes between ICYD and local partners and other local organizations.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health, education or a related social science degree. Master’s degree strongly preferred;
- At least eight (8) years of general work experience with five (5) years’ specific experience developing institutional capacity;
- Demonstrated experience working with the Ugandan OVC service delivery sector and with Ministry counterparts;
- Demonstrated experience in working with government agencies, actors, and other stakeholders at the national and state levels;
- Demonstrated success in managing sub-grants with international consortiums including local organizations, NGOs, and communities; ;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead workshops, trainings, and strategic planning sessions; and
- Experience in M&E highly desired.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.