Job DescriptionRTI International is currently accepting resumes for a Full-Time Instructional Designer to be based in the Washington, DC Metro area for course revision/development activities. The Instructional Designer for course revision/development functions as the researcher, author, or developer of curriculum and training materials.•
The Instructional Designer will work closely with the activity team including subject matter experts, graphic designers, learning technology specialists, and senior advisors to plan, design, and develop training which may include blended learning, online training, and Web-based tools and materials. In the Instructional Designer role, he/she will develop or revise, edit and update, courses and curricula in the development of final course materials to include a Facilitator•s Guide, Participant Manual, PowerPoints, and related handouts and wall graphics.
May also provide project management direction and coordination of the conduct and delivery of work, supervising the activity team; directing and monitoring progress of efforts and deliverables.
- Design creative and engaging competency based learning materials that are targeted, participatory, and increase knowledge and skills
- Apply adult learning theory and design principles (ie. ADDIE, SAM, experiential learning) for all learning and development projects.
- Establish and/ or review performance and learning objectives
- design curricula (instructor-led, online, blended) to meet those objectives
- Select and use analysis techniques for determining instructional methodology and content.
- Develop and structure learning activities, training materials and manuals, and online training modules
- Design pre- and post-assessments to measure learning
- Evaluate training, curricula, and materials provided to analyze the use of the existing and emerging learning tools and technologies
- Work closely with the ILS Team and clients to ensure training methodology meets current industry standards
- Contribute to the development of new processes to increase efficiency of curriculum/ course development
- May also provide project management direction and coordination of the development and delivery of work,
- Manage the activity team and directing and monitoring progress of efforts and deliverables
- Coordinate duties between contractor personnel and client activity teams.
- Bachelor•s degree and a minimum of six year professional work experience in instructional design, learning design, training and education, or related field;
- At least five years of experience in course development and training facilitation, virtual and classroom based.
- At least five years of experience in project management
- At least one year of experience in working with subject-matter experts to design, write, or revise training activities (i.e., translating technical knowledge into appropriate training design and/or materials.)
- Demonstrated experience in the creation of successful instructor-led and online training, and related outreach materials
- Demonstrated familiarity with precepts of adult learning methodologies and curriculum development techniques.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written, listening)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including PowerPoint, Publisher, Word, and Excel as well as Articulate Storyline and the Adobe Suite of design applications including Adobe Captivate.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of USAID and/or international development experience
- At least two years of e-learning instructional design experience
- Able to create and edit training materials in other languages, i.e. French
About the OrganizationIDG International Resources Group