The Instructional Designer will be a part of the Learning and Development team and will work with other contractors and government team members in USAID. The successful candidate must have a global approach to instructional design and apply ADDIE skills to create e-Learning and blended learning courses to build the data literacy and capacity to support the USAID team and contractors. The candidate will develop training objectives, design and develop course materials, perform product testing in Learning Management System (Cornerstone), conduct maintenance of existing courses, promote and manage a community of practice, create storyboards and scripts. The candidate must have a solid background in Adobe Captivate with examples of his/her prior work.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interviews subject matter experts (SMEs) and develops content and scripts for e-Learning modules.
- Applies current USAID research and theory to instructional design.
- Creates customized hands-on and web-based instructional materials.
- Utilizes multimedia technology to define and sequence the instructional activities and strategies.
- Creates training exercises, real world scenarios, and simulations in Captivate.
- Manages a Community of Interest via collaborative tools.
- Experience requiring the ability to work independently, take initiative, and work collaboratively as a member of the team.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Training, Instructional Design/Technology or related field.
- Experience: At least 2-3 years of related experience using Captivate, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of adult learning, creating learning for diverse learning styles, and 508-Compliant products.
- Skills: Apply ADDIE instructional design methodology. Adobe Captivate intermediate-Advanced preferred.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.